3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Track Bar/ lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Bar/ lift ?

Hey guys, I am about to put the Kore Leveling kit on my truck. With that Kit, do I need an adjustable track bar or will Thuren's track bar be ok?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 AM

Thuren's bar is adjustable.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM

i didn't think it was. K thanks again.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 AM

How hard is it to install and align the axle?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 PM

When I installed my Thuren bar, my lift had already been installed and the front axle was shifted noticeably to the left. When I unbolted the old track bar the front end sprung back to center and the I just adjusted the track bar to slip in perfectly.

I couldn't recommend the Thuren bar more strongly!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Hm, i wondering if i will need an adjustable track bar with the added 2" from the Kore kit or just add bushings to my factory bar? Oh, and do I need a track bar bracket?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM

To return the front end geometry to factory you effectively need a longer bar. You can accomplish that with bushings, an adjustable bar, or with drop brackets. If you drop the track bar mount with a bracket, you also need to drop the pitman arm the same amount, otherwise you'll get bumpsteer.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:44 PM

Sounds like the safest and easiest solution is to buy the adjustable track bar and be down with it. I aleady have a DSS so the track bar should be a good compliment. One question, how would bushings allow for a longer bar
Old 04-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by tauberson
Sounds like the safest and easiest solution is to buy the adjustable track bar and be down with it. I aleady have a DSS so the track bar should be a good compliment. One question, how would bushings allow for a longer bar

I like the adjustable track bar myself. If you make any changes down the road you'll already have what you need.

The bushings are eccentric. Should have said that the first time.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
To return the front end geometry to factory you effectively need a longer bar. You can accomplish that with bushings, an adjustable bar, or with drop brackets. If you drop the track bar mount with a bracket, you also need to drop the pitman arm the same amount, otherwise you'll get bumpsteer.
pauly, you are a wealth of knowledge! the only time you should mess with a drop bracket or pitman arm is if your steering geometry is off, which mine was, with 3.5" of lift. i have the pitman arm, drop bracket, and don's track bar, and am very happy with the set-up.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 PM

I have the thuren trackbar, very happy with it and the DSS
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by tauberson
The hole in the bushing is drilled at an offset which effectively lengthens the bar. Depending on how much lift you have that offset will vary and the Kore level kit raises the front 2.75".

I bought one of the budget Kore level kits and decided on a Thuren track bar to center the axle. Bushings would be plenty good enough but if there's ever a chance you might put a taller lift on at some point in the future the adj trac bar is best.

It takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks to get a bar from Thuren from the time you place the order and it's bare steel not painted. Something I learned after I'd pulled the trigger on thruen website - you can get powder coated ones (thuren) from Carli or Lorenz but I don't know what the wait times would be on those. Possibly they have bare steel ones already in stock, I dunno, pick up the phone and give them a call. Also Lazar Smith sells offset bushings or adj trac bars too.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This webpage will show you a better picture of what the others mentioned about the "offset" bushings available at Lazarsmith----- http://www.lazarsmith.com/SSSSS.html

The offset bushings effectively lengthen the track bar to compensate for up to 5'' of lift depending on the amount of offset. I believe 1/16th of inch offset for 1'' of lift or 1/8 of an inch for a 2'' leveling kit for example. There is nothing wrong with the stock track bar (except the bushings) so just replacing the bushings can be less expensive than replacing the whole thing.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also, once our zero-deflection bushings are installed, it's simple to pull the cores and re-insert for stock ride height or just replace with a different-offset unit for additional ride height options. Aside from installation, which takes a few minutes - our bushings are "set it & forget it".

The 6.7L accomodate up to 6" of lift.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy

It takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks to get a bar from Thuren from the time you place the order and it's bare steel not painted. Something I learned after I'd pulled the trigger on thruen website - you can get powder coated ones (thuren) from Carli or Lorenz but I don't know what the wait times would be on those. Possibly they have bare steel ones already in stock, I dunno, pick up the phone and give them a call. Also Lazar Smith sells offset bushings or adj trac bars too.
Lorenz typically has the trackbar in stock, zinc coated or painted...got mine in 4 days with the rest of the lift kit....

Quick Reply: Track Bar/ lift ?