3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Too Much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Much?

It seems a lot of members are having some pretty serious problems with their trucks with some of these performance mods - ranging from starting issues to clutch and tranny problems.

I was going to mod mine, but based on what I'm seeing here, I admit, I'm skeered! The last thing I want is something to break on a brand new $40,000 truck.

What can I do SAFELY?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by walker
It seems a lot of members are having some pretty serious problems with their trucks with some of these performance mods - ranging from starting issues to clutch and tranny problems.

I was going to mod mine, but based on what I'm seeing here, I admit, I'm skeered! The last thing I want is something to break on a brand new $40,000 truck.
What can I do SAFELY?

Safely ?.... nothing. Anything you do, you're running the chance of losing your warranty for starters. The saying seems to be.... if you're afraid to break it or lose your warranty.... don't do a thing.

If you want to live on the wild side :-)..... you can start with the exhaust and CAI.

You're seeing issues with trannies because many of the fuel boxes or programmers are add up to 170hp. The right foot can have a mind of it's own every once in a while which will cause the tranny to slip and eventually fry. It you can control that foot, it will last ( a little ) longer.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by walker

What can I do SAFELY?
The problems are self inflicted. If your scared dont do anything.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:57 PM

you can add gauges and install a torque converter and valve body that would help your stock truck even run better.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Agreed. You can mod your truck to improve performance with out adding gobs of power to destroy it. Air and exaust are safe, maybe even an economy programmer, (like a tow module, sorry, I do not know any off hand...)
If you have lots of power at your fingertips, you'll use it eventually. It's addicting.
Good luck.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
The problems are self inflicted. If your scared dont do anything.

couldn't agree more .. you can kill a stock truck .. for instance , beat on a stock truck with a heavy load and you be on the side of the road with a f****d transmission .. you can add all the mods you like and if you drive it with in reason i will be fine for yrs .. and like they say if your gonna play you gonna pay ... it is all common sense ... and by the way .. once you feel what a little mod like the juice with attitude will do it is game over !!!! it is a down right addiction !! my heroin !!!

G