3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tied up with road armor, What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy tied up with road armor, What would you do?

I've been wanting one of these since they came out. Well about 4 weeks ago now i finally got around to ordering one and took a huge chunk out of my wallet. Well the deal is i ordered it through 4wheelonline and when i did i knew it was gonna be a long wait. So after 4 weeks i just called in to check on it and by the way 4wheelonline's customer services isn't the greatest. He says road armor doesn't have a estimated time on my bumber yet and tells me im just in the dark. So i just ask him how long it had been taking people to get them and said he thought i would prolly be 8 weeks at the least and maybe longer. On top of that they've already charged the card i gave them and my bumpers no where close to ready.

All of it together just sorta left a bad taste in my mouth and i started wondering if there was better ways to do. I had seen some bumper somewhere that were sort of a replica or RA's. Anybody know anything about these? Should i just quit worring about it and wait or anybody got any better ideas about it? Appreciate it!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:06 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just call the credit card co. and cancel the charge. Then call the bumper company back and explain why you cancelled the charge, and that you are no longer expecting the bumper and if they DO ship it to you, you'll refuse receipt. They should understand. I have done it before.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by vzdude
Just call the credit card co. and cancel the charge. Then call the bumper company back and explain why you cancelled the charge, and that you are no longer expecting the bumper and if they DO ship it to you, you'll refuse receipt. They should understand. I have done it before.
X2!

Then find another company with less to zero wait time for a bumper.
I sure wouldnt be waiting 8+ weeks for a bumper, or even wait for a bumper when they have no idea how long it will take to make and ship.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Yeah i hear you.. I was planning on cancelling this order regardless but then i got to thinking maybe no matter where i order one of these bumpers from it might still be the same thing. It sure can't worse than 8+ weeks so its a win win situation.

I thought if i cancel though maybe i should look at some other bumpers while i was at it. i really want the road armor style though, sorta have my heart set on it. thats why i was asking about the other companys that are making bumpers that are just like the road armors.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 PM

alien patrol makes em, I believe the founder or someone high up with ra left ra and started ap.... I think that's the history behind em...

I know there was a bug ordeal on here a while back. Ex member luvnacummins ordered one and thought he had been scammed for a while then I think it just showed up out of the blue one day.... There was shadyness in the beginning, so I would do some research first
Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Heston_ram3500
I've been wanting one of these since they came out. Well about 4 weeks ago now i finally got around to ordering one and took a huge chunk out of my wallet. Well the deal is i ordered it through 4wheelonline and when i did i knew it was gonna be a long wait. So after 4 weeks i just called in to check on it and by the way 4wheelonline's customer services isn't the greatest. He says road armor doesn't have a estimated time on my bumber yet and tells me im just in the dark. So i just ask him how long it had been taking people to get them and said he thought i would prolly be 8 weeks at the least and maybe longer. On top of that they've already charged the card i gave them and my bumpers no where close to ready.

All of it together just sorta left a bad taste in my mouth and i started wondering if there was better ways to do. I had seen some bumper somewhere that were sort of a replica or RA's. Anybody know anything about these? Should i just quit worring about it and wait or anybody got any better ideas about it? Appreciate it!
Here you go:
They will have them ready for you

http://winchready.com/catalog/produc...le_make_id=647
Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Banned

yea my friend ordered a lift from them two weeks ago and they still dont have a shipping number.. These guys are horrible.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by vzdude
Give the original vendor (4wheelonline?) a chance to refund your card first before hitting up your credit card company for a chargeback. You win either way, but it gives the vendor the chance to do the right thing and avoid a lot of hassle if they choose to help you out.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:37 AM

I ordered mine direct from Road Armor, but was not charged until the bumpers were shipped. Something smells fishy?? It did take several weeks until they were completed, but well worth the wait.

For what it's worth, the few Alien Patrol bumpers I have seen had fitment issues, and on a couple of occasions, my friends have actually returned them.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My buckstop took around 3 months to be built, powdercoated, and shipped. However, they didn't charge me until right before it left on a pallet...
Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I would hang in there if I was you, if you try to buy one somewhere else, you will only get bumped back on the list at the factory.

Charging your card is standard procedure when the company is having it dropped shipped to you. They have no way of knowing when it will ship and that is the only way to guarantee they get paid.

If they didn't do that, the factory could ship to you and bill them, and then they find out your credit card is no good. You have the bumper, they have the bill for it and no way to collect from you

If you want to cancel the order, just call them and tell them so.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Did Alien Patrol ever get all the unhappy customers satisfied? I remember last year a bunch of guys had ordered them and had a lot of trouble getting there money back or the product. If I remember right Larry jumped in and had a thing or two to say about it. I wrote them off as scam artists after what I had seen.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:08 AM

I also ordered mine from the factory. seems like if you get rid of the middle man you have better reasults. I got mine in 4 to 6 weeks. It is well worth the wait. Looks awsome!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:11 PM

i would call road armor, as they frequently do things to make it right. i got my piaa 510's comped, and some others on this forum were given free shipping. i've found that about 8 weeks seems to be the average time to receive an out of stock road armor bumper.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:23 PM

diggie,

man i gotta say you have a very nice rig! makes me want some 8 week on order road armors....i think i could handle the wait if they do not charge until ready to ship..............

Quick Reply: tied up with road armor, What would you do?