3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Thuren radius arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How soon till theese will be in full production and what can be expected price-wise?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 AM

I think Don is filling orders now, and I believe he's selling them for around $800, but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 AM

He said it's going to be closer to a $1000, but that's still quite a deal for what your getting. It's because of the amount of welding it requires. One set takes about a day.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 AM

Seems resonable. Now what about the rear? I read about the plans for a radius setup there too how far out is that production wise? what's going to be used until then?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by sickandtwisted
Seems resonable. Now what about the rear? I read about the plans for a radius setup there too how far out is that production wise? what's going to be used until then?
The rear is a minimum of a year out. It's still just an idea in Don's head. For now just get a mini leaf pack or a full leaf replacement.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
Also, it was a bit of wishful thinking but I was hoping these might "cure" Death Wobble to some extent, but I pulled my stabilizer off yesterday morning, hit the bump I can get it on and managed to get HORRIBLE DW where I had to pull to the side of the road. My truck is set up to actually GET DW right now(no sway bar, super soft shocks, bad TRE's, etc) though. I plan to finally build the steering stabilizer I have been dreaming about now that the radius arms are done, and I know 100% that this stab will cure it...

If you get a chance try the same test with everthing fixed and no steering stabilizer. You should get no DW. My radius arm'ed Wrangler (pic in my album) has no stabilizer on it now and I don't get DW. The only time I have was with a loose track bar bolt. I'm running a Ford 44 with Ford radius arms but has Currie Johnny Joints at the frame side. If the geometery is right, and no worn/loose TRE's, bushings etc = no dw.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Don, the production ones you are selling, are they weld on, or sleeve/bolt on at the rear portion of the arms? Ideas for a steering stabilizer would be higher up if possible or a skid plate design like defiant uses. Getting sick of dented stabilizers from mild wheeling.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05mxdiesel
Don, the production ones you are selling, are they weld on, or sleeve/bolt on at the rear portion of the arms?
they bolt up to these...

later, dustin
Old 04-04-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pearce
If you get a chance try the same test with everthing fixed and no steering stabilizer. You should get no DW. My radius arm'ed Wrangler (pic in my album) has no stabilizer on it now and I don't get DW. The only time I have was with a loose track bar bolt. I'm running a Ford 44 with Ford radius arms but has Currie Johnny Joints at the frame side. If the geometery is right, and no worn/loose TRE's, bushings etc = no dw.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Like I said above, I'm running RA's with 1.8* of caster and no steering stabilizer. Ran it that way with 37" swampers and never had DW after I did the RA's.

Odd thing about Dodge front ends is there's no single adjustment that works for every truck. Used to be able to set 2nd gens at 3.2-3.5* and cure it, but the later year 2nds and the 3rds can take up to 4*+ and still have it.
It often changes between trucks with the exact same set up......

Sloppy TRE's or not, there's something in the caster that sets up the harmonics that cause DW. If it was just the TRE's, then you'd think it would do it all the time.

Baja Mike calls it the "shopping cart effect"
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM

No one panic! Optimus will be getting the first set, powdercoated black, and I, the owner of Optimus, will gladly give you a detailed write-up of how nice they are!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
No one panic! Optimus will be getting the first set, powdercoated black, and I, the owner of Optimus, will gladly give you a detailed write-up of how nice they are!
Well Optimus better hurry the he!! up because I think Dustin already has his...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Well Optimus better hurry the he!! up because I think Dustin already has his...
David and Dustin will both "get" theirs "about" the same time...

I have a whole batch of stuff for David to get powder coated, which will make his take a bit longer to get in UPS's hands, but techincally he is #1 on the build list...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by 05mxdiesel
Don, the production ones you are selling, are they weld on, or sleeve/bolt on at the rear portion of the arms? Ideas for a steering stabilizer would be higher up if possible or a skid plate design like defiant uses. Getting sick of dented stabilizers from mild wheeling.
Weld on bracket... Very easy and fits like a glove...

I spent about an hour day dreaming under my front axle today trying to find a place for the stabilizer, and I basically refuse to let it hang down where it can get hit. That is one of the biggest problems with stabilizers and I have dented them before where it locked up my steering. I may integrate one into a bomb-proof diff cover but we'll see....

I am very close to throwing the stabilizer in between the frame rails hooked to a custom pitman arm, but then the trackbar HAS to be in good shape. I can't come to a conclusion if it would be better to mount it on the axle where it is most effective, or up high out of the way where impact would be impossible...

Pro's and cons both ways....

Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 PM

Busy, busy, busy! You need to clone yourself Don!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
David and Dustin will both "get" theirs "about" the same time...

I have a whole batch of stuff for David to get powder coated, which will make his take a bit longer to get in UPS's hands, but techincally he is #1 on the build list...
My bad! For some reason I thought Dustin already had a set

Quick Reply: Thuren radius arms