3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thoughts on wheel and tire mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thoughts on wheel and tire mod

I am going to do a 4.5'' Skyjacker lift and probably do Bilsteen 5100s, but I am still up in the air on my wheel/tire combo. I know it is a split decision on here in regard to rim size, but I personally like the look of a larger rim. In my search I came across this wheel and tire combo. Does anyone know what the backspacing is like on these wheels? One thing I do NOT want is more than an inch of tire sticking out from the wheel well, but I guess I could always do the fender flare route.... Take a look at this combo and tell me the pros and cons of the wheel and tire that you know. Also will the black wheels look OK with a red truck? (pics in gallery) or would it be better to stick with polished??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-Bl...spagenameZWDVW

THANKS!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That rim is pretty wide, so be sure to get the +12mm offset. Even then I'm betting it will stick out close to 2" farther than the stock wheels.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:53 PM

email them or call them up. that is who i bought my wheels and tires from...great people! they will anwser all your questions, they are very knowledgable. Gave me the cheapest price shipped i could find ANYWHERE!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:17 PM

I have ALWAYS loved that Rockstar wheel; from the time it came out. In fact, if the mad ethem for a dually and had the weight capacities I needed, I would be running them myself!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 PM

I just ordered a set of 20" Rockstars for my Dad's new Hummer H3. You know, throw a small diesel in the H3 and it would make an awesome rig.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned

Good luck getting a set of those Rockstars.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I just ordered a set of 20" Rockstars for my Dad's new Hummer H3. You know, throw a small diesel in the H3 and it would make an awesome rig.
Same with the H2. I almost did the DMax conversion to 800HP and 1500ft/lbs. of torque.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Good luck getting a set of those Rockstars.
My shop got them in today and they go on tomorrow. 20x8.5's with Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM

This is a good calculator to try,
offset calculator

Rick D
Old 11-16-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
My shop got them in today and they go on tomorrow. 20x8.5's with Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Please post pics as soon as possible! Man those are some kick a** rims!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

Caution!!!

Are you aware that is a generic pic and not even close to what he is selling. I have never seen a 35" tire on a 22" rim and I can tell you that would not look very good. I also like the look of larger rims on our 3rd gens but there is a certian formula I follow when it comes to rim size vs tire size. I personally dont like the look of skinny sidewalls on big rims. There needs to be a certian ratio. I'll break down what I think looks and perform's best. Some people swing 2" plus or minus but this is what I think has the best ratio and performance

18"rim--35"tire
20"rim--37"tire
22"rim--40"tire

What size tire do you want to run?

I also think the Rockstars look killer but you just cant throw the Black Rockstars on any truck and expect it to look good. I like how the Black Rockstars look on black and some white trucks but I've never seen them on a red truck. I'm not a fan of factory black powercoated rims on any truck. I know the chrome Rockstars would definetly look good on red. If you decided to go with black I think it would look best if you had an all red sport model.

You know the more I think about it I think you could get away with 35's on 20's as long as they were Rockstars and Rockstars only

I know djgaston has 37's on has 4.5" lift and I think 37" Toyo MT's on 20" Chrome Rockstars would look AWESOME but would be $$$
Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 PM

35's look pretty good on 20's, but I prefer 37's on 20's. My Brother's '06 F-350 has 35's and 20's and it looks good.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan

18"rim--35"tire
20"rim--37"tire
22"rim--40"tire
Excellent ratios. That is why on my 22.5s I am going to a 40.8" tire. I think that would fit precisely into your model !
Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the replies, I am still up in the air on the blacked out wheels, at least on my truck. It is an all red sport, but I still don't know. The only thing holding me back on the polished Rockstars is the fact that they look sooo much like the Ford factory 20's

I know not all like the 20's with 35's, but I do, and in the far out future will probably run some 37's on there too. I am also aware that it is a generic picture in the ad, kinda misleading those that would not read the fine print, I mean it is not even the correct tire that they are selling with the wheel in the picture.

ptgarcia: I would love to see some pictures of those wheels when you get them in.

Also, does anyone know where the tech. info for these wheels can be found, there website is kinda....uhhhh gangsta, lol yeah thats it, and doesn't let you know too much about weight ratings

I just want to make the right decision about this, as it will be a large outlay of $$$$ for me.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
Thanks for all the replies, I am still up in the air on the blacked out wheels, at least on my truck. It is an all red sport, but I still don't know. The only thing holding me back on the polished Rockstars is the fact that they look sooo much like the Ford factory 20's

I know not all like the 20's with 35's, but I do, and in the far out future will probably run some 37's on there too. I am also aware that it is a generic picture in the ad, kinda misleading those that would not read the fine print, I mean it is not even the correct tire that they are selling with the wheel in the picture.

ptgarcia: I would love to see some pictures of those wheels when you get them in.

Also, does anyone know where the tech. info for these wheels can be found, there website is kinda....uhhhh gangsta, lol yeah thats it, and doesn't let you know too much about weight ratings

I just want to make the right decision about this, as it will be a large outlay of $$$$ for me.
That link is for 22's and 35's but your saying 20's and 35's. I think 20's look ok but 22's look . I do like the rockstars though and the black would definately look good on an all red sport.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on wheel and tire mod