3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Surging @ HWY Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Surging @ HWY Speeds

While traveling to Helena last weekend, at a steady speed of 70mph, my truck started a slight surge, similar to using the cruise w/Smarty but not near as severe.(In fact the Smarty is why I was not using my cruise)

The surge was very slight, but my wife also noticed it. I started watching my rail pressure gauge and it was twitching between 13k/18k. When the truck would surge forward it would drop to 13k, when it would level off it would jump to around 18k.

I do not have a fuel pressure gauge, so my thoughts were, my Walbro is failing?, 2 micron fuel filter is plugging? I just didn't know, as soon as I would accelerate with the throttle and then back off it would run ok for a few miles then start it again.

Then it totally disappeared all together and ran fine the rest of the way, bad fuel, water?

On the return trip to Spokane, after about an hour into the trip it started again, acted up for awhile and then went away.

I turned my TST off while it was surging to no avail, now I'm wondering if maybe my EZ is getting tired, or if it could be the Smarty program? The truck runs fantastic around town, and has never done this before, if I would not have been so anxious to get home I would have re-programmed to stock, and removed the EZ from the mix also, probably what I will end up doing in the future to solve this.

Sorry this is so long, just thought if anyone had any other Ideas (my FCA is new). Thanks, Jess