3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Superchips vs. Edge Juice w/ attitude very surprising!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips vs. Edge Juice w/ attitude very surprising!!!

I just installed an Edge Juice w/ attitude on my 06 Mega Cab. I love the functionality but I am not sure if something is wrong with the chip or what but it is not near as responsive as I would have expected. I was worried that maybe I fried an injector so I turned it to stock and redownloaded my Superchips performance mode and it was literally night and day difference. The superchips is so much faster and smoother it is not even comparable!!! Has anyone tested these in the 06 and received similar results?

I had a Edge Juice w/ attitude in my 05 and it ran great but something just doesn't seem right that the Superchips would create that much smoother power and much faster on the 06???

My last question is, can you stack the 2 together? I didn't try it as I left the Edge on stock mode so I could still get all the guage readouts and put the Superchips on Performance.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't have any experience with the SuperChips downloader, but the Juice/Attitude was very smooth consistent power on my truck. Standard Juice/Attitude is probably little more conservative on low end and that is probably what you feel the most.

As far as stacking, sounds like it is already stacked, bump the Attitude up button a couple of times and see how it feels and sounds. Best way to know.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:33 AM

Just remember the superchips programmer is detectable by DC where as you can remove the J/A and no problem
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Mine is very smooth and theres definitely a power difference. I went from a 17.02 quarter mile to a 14.94. I know when i first put mine on, it was defueling majorly because it was set to defuel at 32 psi. I would hit that at half throttle on 3/3. With it defueling, i could only run a 16.98 quarter mile. I programmed it to defuel at 40 psi to get my 14.94 results.

Also, my mech is having problems with an 06 Edge he installed. The attitude didn't work right out of the box.

what is the superchips hp rated at anyway?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how does the superchips make the power? the edge juice does not use any pressure it is timing and duration only.

how does the 06 with juice compare to the 05 with the juice? they should be pretty much identical. if not I would think there may be an issue. the 06 stuff just came out so maybe there is a bug in it or something.

as far as staking them I have a feeling they overlap paramerters so I would just be careful as if they both add timing and duration it may be too much with both of them turned up. then again I have seen about ever thing stacked in sigs here. I would just not stack a timing box and a timing box. I prefer to error on the safer side.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:21 PM

Someone on here had a drb and rail pressure never got ore than 2000 p.s.i. over stock.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by w.tx iceman
Someone on here had a drb and rail pressure never got ore than 2000 p.s.i. over stock.
FYI the DRB is reading fooled rail pressure values. You need to take the voltage right off the transducer to get an accurate rail pressure reading...

on edit:

I guess that doesn't apply with downloaders, though?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:45 AM

I noticed the same thing I went from a superchips flashpac on my mega cab to the edge w/juice, and after a few weeks went right back to superchips. Superchips must have done thier homework on the 06's !
Old 06-03-2006, 02:09 AM

So who is selling there edge additude
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 AM

Superchips ?

Great site. I got a quick question about the Superchips flashpaq that was hinted to in this thread.

If you install the Superchip on an 06, then un-install it before taking it to the dealer for work, can they detect it?

Does the superchip raise fuel pressure? Or does it raise it high enough to hurt anything? I would run it on the lower setting 90% of the time.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:10 AM

superchip claims they are not detectable by dealers.....so what is the real deal....anyone got personal example of a superchip leaving footprints...not a friend of a friend but one you bought and installed and then got grief from dealer cuz they found it after you reset stock loads?

i am interested in superchip but if it is in fact detectable...i will wait a year more since truck is still new.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by w.tx iceman
WITH THE EDGE, YOU CANT USE THE DRB. ITS UTILIZING CALIBRATION FROM JTEC OR TICM. THE MODULE FOOLS THE JTEC, AND THERFORE SHOWS OE TYPE LINE PRESSURES.

AND EDGE GETS MOST OF ITS GAINS SOLELY WITH LINE PRESSURE/VOLUME, NOT TIMING. THATS A POPULAR MISCONCEPTION.

UTILIZING MAP, AND FUEL PRESSURE, INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH, AND TIMING WILL NEVER BE ALTERED.

NOT TRYING TO PEE ON ANYONES PARADE, BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW JTEC PROGRAMMING AND CALIBRATION WORKS WITH SIMPLE LOGIC, TO UNDERSTAND HOW THESE BOXES ACHIEVE GAINS.

IVE UTILIZED 29 CENT RESISTORS AND DUPLICATED EDGE BOXES TO THE LETTER. ITS JUST NOT AS PRETTY OR NEAT AS THE LITTLE BLACK BOXES...LOL (BUT IM WORKING ON IT)

MY TWO DECADES OF DC, .02 CENTS
Old 06-03-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JCLeary
FYI the DRB is reading fooled rail pressure values. You need to take the voltage right off the transducer to get an accurate rail pressure reading...

on edit:

I guess that doesn't apply with downloaders, though?
EXACTLY RIGHT