3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Spare Tire Mount using the gooseneck mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:23 PM
First Person to Post in the 4th Gen Classifieds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare Tire Mount using the gooseneck mount

Has anyone ever seen a spare tire mount using the gooseneck mount. I think this would make it easy to remove when needed.

I am going to 37's and would like to mount my spare in the bed. Using the existing gooseneck mount I think would be a great idea.

If anyone out there would be willing to make me one I would pay for it.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a response to an older post but I am in the process of doing this. I just bought a truck with a gooseneck and hate the spare tire being underneath getting beat to hell plus mounting my VO tank where the spare tire went. Got the idea from my excursion that has the tire mounted inside in the back. Ordered the parts this week.

First going to use a gooseneck hitch coupler head pic below. Got it from etrailer. its made by redline. http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Coup...ne/291300.html Going to weld a 1/2 inch hex head bolt to it right in the center. Not sure the length I need yet. Will have to measure with rim on it.

The rim will lay down in the bed (outside toward the bed) the coupler with bolt welded to it coming out the center of the rim. In the picture below I am using part 15 (retainer mount plate and 14 Spare tire retainer) total price 11 dollars from Tousley ford Parts online. http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/part...layCatalogid=0

So bolt in the middle of the rim, the retainer mount plate goes over the bolt and lays on the rim and the retainer (basically a large wing nut) screws down on the 1/2" bolt tightening the rim to the coupler.

The whole thing can easily be removed when needed.