3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some pics and video of my new tires and a COLD start-up

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some pics and video of my new tires and a COLD start-up

NO plug-in and a cold start at 16 degrees, its currently about 5 right now and I did plug it in for tonight. Here some pics of the new 33" Interco TRXUS MT/s I put on 2 days ago. Exactly 2" taller than stock tires.
View My Video

Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So your truck went right into the 1000 rpm high idle on it's own, I presume? Mine has only done that once at about 21 degrees. Course, I usually don't give it a chance to do it because I use the cruise control high idle feature as soon as possible.

I like your new tires. Never heard of them before but they look awesome.

I am very jealous of your weather........I want some "REAL" snow, bad!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 AM

What load range?

Michael
Old 12-04-2006, 05:20 AM

How loud are those tires at highway speeds?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM

Whats with the 5500 badging?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Stacked97
Whats with the 5500 badging?

Just beat me too it!!

Nice tires.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 AM

What's that white stuff on the roofs and ground?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 AM

Nice looking truck!! Those tires are pretty sweet looking too I have to say my ole 2nd gen sure starts up a lot faster though... Was 19* here a few days ago and I hardly had the key runed before she fired!!

PS man I wish I had that cruise high idle feature though
Old 12-04-2006, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I am very jealous of your weather........I want some "REAL" snow, bad!!!
Are you kidding? Did you see that his poor truck is more grey than maroon? That is SALT. Be happy you don't have this weather. Your truck will last longer.
Here in Northeast, PA ( ) they spray the roads with salt brine if they even think it might snow. Then they dump rock salt like it's free after the snow starts falling. I will have to get a few photos this year of the 3-4 " high piles of salt at intersections where the salt truck stops but the salt flow doesn't. A month or two into the season, all you have to do is go to the store and your truck will be as salty white as the roads not matter what color the paint is/was. Then after a few years, you get a free two tone paint jobe. But the lower accent color is always the same and it has texture. It is disgusting.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by CUM4X4MINS
What load range?

Michael
The load range is E
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hondo
How loud are those tires at highway speeds?
actually not bad at all, I can barely hear them over the diesel motor and the exhaust, I guess if it was a gas truck, then it would really get annoying.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cowboy 6, I wasn't kidding. I would love to have some snow. Actual accumulation and not just flurries.

I don't want to move up north or to PA and I wouldn't want the snow to be on the ground all winter long. I'd just like to see some significant accumulation a couple or 3 times a year. And, no SALT.

Just remember that even though your putting up with Snow and Salt now, you don't have 100-110 degree temperatures for 2-3 months out of the year with not a drop of rain in site. I guess there is a compromise no matter where we live.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:06 PM

He he he !!!

110 deg with no rain? Is that all? I spent my year in Iraq. 140 deg no rain, 150 at times. we were happy in the dead of night when the temp dropped to 100 deg!

Don't get me wrong, I have been to San Antonio. I have no love for the weather there.
I must say that I am looking for a compromise like maybe North Carolina/Tennessee.
I like it here in PA really. My mind drifts back to my younger days when people were not so **** about having a dry road. I would love the snow etc. as long as someone blows up the salt storage facilities!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:18 PM

You better put some fuel in that thing!! It's aweful cold to be riding the shoe lace and leather express!!

My truck did the high idle thing the other day. It is the first time I've noticed it. It was only 6 degrees and has been much colder than that before. Maybe I'm not that attentive. Although it took it about 5 seconds before it kicked it up there.

one4

Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 PM

I second that cowboy, these tards dump the salt down like its going out of style. A few years ago, they were actually spreading small chunks of gravel, I got 2 cracked windshields that year in my old car. Freakin ridiculous! And the worst part about it all is, they do it when it snows a half an inch, they act like its about to snow 6 feet.

Originally Posted by Cowboy 6
Are you kidding? Did you see that his poor truck is more grey than maroon? That is SALT. Be happy you don't have this weather. Your truck will last longer.
Here in Northeast, PA ( ) they spray the roads with salt brine if they even think it might snow. Then they dump rock salt like it's free after the snow starts falling. I will have to get a few photos this year of the 3-4 " high piles of salt at intersections where the salt truck stops but the salt flow doesn't. A month or two into the season, all you have to do is go to the store and your truck will be as salty white as the roads not matter what color the paint is/was. Then after a few years, you get a free two tone paint jobe. But the lower accent color is always the same and it has texture. It is disgusting.

Quick Reply: Some pics and video of my new tires and a COLD start-up