Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Some pics and video of my new tires and a COLD start-up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/some-pics-video-my-new-tires-cold-start-up-126425/)

VikingDiesel 12-04-2006 12:44 AM

Some pics and video of my new tires and a COLD start-up

NO plug-in and a cold start at 16 degrees, its currently about 5 right now and I did plug it in for tonight. Here some pics of the new 33" Interco TRXUS MT/s I put on 2 days ago. Exactly 2" taller than stock tires.
View My Video

http://i16.tinypic.com/4caxldc.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/4fy1geu.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/47xlxft.jpg

TexasCTD 12-04-2006 01:30 AM

So your truck went right into the 1000 rpm high idle on it's own, I presume? Mine has only done that once at about 21 degrees. Course, I usually don't give it a chance to do it because I use the cruise control high idle feature as soon as possible.

I like your new tires. Never heard of them before but they look awesome.

I am very jealous of your weather........I want some "REAL" snow, bad!!!

CUM4X4MINS 12-04-2006 04:55 AM

What load range?

Michael

Hondo 12-04-2006 05:20 AM

How loud are those tires at highway speeds?

Pooter 12-04-2006 08:51 AM

Whats with the 5500 badging?:p

rockcrawler304 12-04-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stacked97 (Post 1235230)
Whats with the 5500 badging?:p

Just beat me too it!!

Nice tires.

ptgarcia 12-04-2006 09:29 AM

What's that white stuff on the roofs and ground?

bnold 12-04-2006 09:34 AM

Nice looking truck!! Those tires are pretty sweet looking too [guitar] I have to say my ole 2nd gen sure starts up a lot faster though... Was 19* here a few days ago and I hardly had the key runed before she fired!! [guitar]

PS man I wish I had that cruise high idle feature though :( [laugh]

Cowboy 6 12-04-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD (Post 1235021)
I am very jealous of your weather........I want some "REAL" snow, bad!!!

Are you kidding? Did you see that his poor truck is more grey than maroon? That is SALT. Be happy you don't have this weather. Your truck will last longer.
Here in Northeast, PA ( [yuk] ) they spray the roads with salt brine if they even think it might snow. Then they dump rock salt like it's free after the snow starts falling. I will have to get a few photos this year of the 3-4 " high piles of salt at intersections where the salt truck stops but the salt flow doesn't. A month or two into the season, all you have to do is go to the store and your truck will be as salty white as the roads not matter what color the paint is/was. Then after a few years, you get a free two tone paint jobe. But the lower accent color is always the same and it has texture. It is disgusting. [verymad]

VikingDiesel 12-04-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by CUM4X4MINS (Post 1235092)
What load range?

Michael

The load range is E

VikingDiesel 12-04-2006 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hondo (Post 1235094)
How loud are those tires at highway speeds?

actually not bad at all, I can barely hear them over the diesel motor and the exhaust, I guess if it was a gas truck, then it would really get annoying.

TexasCTD 12-04-2006 12:57 PM

Cowboy 6, I wasn't kidding. I would love to have some snow. Actual accumulation and not just flurries.

I don't want to move up north or to PA and I wouldn't want the snow to be on the ground all winter long. I'd just like to see some significant accumulation a couple or 3 times a year. And, no SALT. :)

Just remember that even though your putting up with Snow and Salt now, you don't have 100-110 degree temperatures for 2-3 months out of the year with not a drop of rain in site. I guess there is a compromise no matter where we live. :)

Cowboy 6 12-04-2006 01:06 PM

He he he !!!

110 deg with no rain? Is that all? I spent my year in Iraq. 140 deg no rain, 150 at times. we were happy in the dead of night when the temp dropped to 100 deg!

Don't get me wrong, I have been to San Antonio. I have no love for the weather there.
I must say that I am looking for a compromise like maybe North Carolina/Tennessee.
I like it here in PA really. My mind drifts back to my younger days when people were not so anal about having a dry road. I would love the snow etc. as long as someone blows up the salt storage facilities!

one4speed 12-04-2006 02:18 PM

You better put some fuel in that thing!! It's aweful cold to be riding the shoe lace and leather express!!

My truck did the high idle thing the other day. It is the first time I've noticed it. It was only 6 degrees and has been much colder than that before. Maybe I'm not that attentive. Although it took it about 5 seconds before it kicked it up there.

one4

deerefarm06 12-04-2006 02:24 PM

I second that cowboy, these tards dump the salt down like its going out of style. A few years ago, they were actually spreading small chunks of gravel, I got 2 cracked windshields that year in my old car. Freakin ridiculous![verymad] And the worst part about it all is, they do it when it snows a half an inch, they act like its about to snow 6 feet.

Originally Posted by Cowboy 6 (Post 1235316)
Are you kidding? Did you see that his poor truck is more grey than maroon? That is SALT. Be happy you don't have this weather. Your truck will last longer.
Here in Northeast, PA ( [yuk] ) they spray the roads with salt brine if they even think it might snow. Then they dump rock salt like it's free after the snow starts falling. I will have to get a few photos this year of the 3-4 " high piles of salt at intersections where the salt truck stops but the salt flow doesn't. A month or two into the season, all you have to do is go to the store and your truck will be as salty white as the roads not matter what color the paint is/was. Then after a few years, you get a free two tone paint jobe. But the lower accent color is always the same and it has texture. It is disgusting. [verymad]