3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

smoke switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well made a believer out of patriot2500 yesterday, he stopped by to check out the smoke switch, he was a good bit surprised at the amount of smoke, but also on how the truck reacted differently. mash and go from a stop still yields the best show.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:41 PM

The smoke switch worked great all morning, and then this afternoon, I was at the mall and accidentally left it on. Came out and it wouldnt start. Remembered I left it on, so I flipped it off. It started right up after that. I turned it back on as I was pulling out onto the street, * no power and check engine light came on. Turned it off, a few seconds later it ran fine. Turned it back on and it worked for one hit of the throttle then no power again. turned it off and drove home. pulled up a 2038 or a 2034. Either overboost or Map sensor overvoltage. I got the batteries dissconnected now. Hope that clears it. I wonder if Ive got a short or something. Any one else have this issue? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

you sure ya got the right wires? dark blue to red, switch, no lights on the switch??? confused, but bumpin it to the top anyway.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM

kawiram, I've had the same issues twice. I don't normally leave it on and haven't tried to start it with it on. I tapped the red and dark blue wires, no lights on the switch. The only code that mine has come up with is the P0238 Turbocharger Boost Pressure Sensor High code. Like I said, this has only happened twice. Not sure why it is intermittent like that.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:52 PM

i have a quad xzt box that is re-flashed to play with the juice with attitude ... will it work on my set-up

thanks

Gary
Old 03-17-2007, 09:36 PM

I'd like to know as well. That would make my decision easier between the XZT and the EZ. If the switch would work, I'd go with the XZT flashed for pressure.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

dont know why this isnt working for eveyone.

with the smoke switch on, smarty on 8, this bigger turbo needing more fuel, and the new CP3 DIY mod this afternoon, my 3rd gen completely blacks out intersections. Not that i condone polluting the environment, but man is it fun!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:05 PM

Well after I let it sit with the batteries unhooked for about an hour I went back and hooked it up to find CEL still on. So I went back inside, came back about an hour later to head to the movies, CEL gone and everything seems to be working great. Tried the smoker, works fine, toggled through it several times, no problems. It definately did something to the power cuz it will spin em' through 4th now. I do see what Quad was mentioning in an earlier post about the surging or notchy power. I guess it might've had something to do with trying to start it with the switch on. Oh well, time wil tell. Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

The other day it was asked for a pic. here is one

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM

Can I do this on a Stock Truck???

Hey guys,
What wires would I Tap on a stock Truck.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

gotta love it, was checking on complaints from a snow customer, had to meet up with a co-worker, him driving the company f350 p choke, me drivin my personal truck..... comes time to head to the next spot so I get in front of him, flip the switch , and let er eat...... he pulls up to the next site, gets out and has this concerned look on his face, says " dude, your truck is blowing a lot of black smoke " I Just and asked him how'd it taste
Old 03-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Anyone know which wire to tap for a pmcr. I get lots of smoke if i turn up the mp8 but i dont like that much pressure. Thanks Joel
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Smoke Switch

Does anybody know If this can be done on a stock truck

Thanks,
Scott
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

i dont see why not. you would have to locate the proper wires via voltage readings since the colors will not be the same as a quad harness mod. the worst that could happen is you set a cel, which is easy to clear. all you are doing is fooling the sensor output signal to the ecm telling it you are at full boost when you are near idle. full boost is a normal signal the ecm expects to see at some time.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:29 PM

I wonder if the problems that some are having have anything to do with having the older harness with the Data Link connection, like mine, instead of the TPS connection.

Quick Reply: smoke switch?