3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

smoke switch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you put this switch in with Edge n Attitude?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by welndmn
When are people hitting the switch?
I would think it was toss a code for seeing so much boost at idle.
The ECM never sees boost at idle. They way we are jumping the wires we are simply wanting our module to see full boost at idle. In doing this you basically instantly jump to the more aggressive fueling levels. We still spit out what we want the ECM to read so don't worry about that.

Now what I do worry about some is that for everyday driving it might be really touchy and not smooth. I also think that in the right situation you could get a check engine light but, so far that has not happened.I just would hate to take that chance.

This does nothing more than fuel like mad until actual boost is made. Once the boost gets up there the fueling will be the same it always has. SO basically it is just a smoke mod!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 PM

I have no idea if this works on the EDGE. I am not sure how they make their fueling decisions? Also remember that fooling their module may not make any difference if they read the bus for data?

I would ask them how they do their fueling and go from there but, I seriously doubt you get much of an answer.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:03 PM

smoke

Mine works great... What happens if you leave it toggled constantly? will it burn excessive fuel or will it mess something up?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 PM

i know it works on an XZT. Tried it today and it belched out a big old cloud.........hehehehe
Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Ha, this is fun.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:27 AM

hasanyone ele try this with the XZT???.....any codes yet????
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 PM

So, is it the same dark blue and red wires that need to be jumped with a switch on the XZT as well??
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 AM

would love to know how to do this with my comp If anyone knows or can figure it out the information would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Just got done installing the switch on mine and taking a test drive. Immediate indication was notable increased throttle response. I can see how the touchiness could become annoying, especially in the western Washington weather. Of course the smoke on demand was pretty cool. Glad it's a switch to turn off when I don't want to use it.

So Chris, I guess I won't be taking the switch off your hands after all. Thanks for explaining how simple the job was though.

Edited to add: This was super easy to do and for only a couple of $$, you can't beat it.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Mr. Quad

Mr. Quad,
For us that are less mechanically inclined, could you get a pic up of this? Oh ya, and I still need to send in my beta tester commander. Im a little slow!

Hey, did yall ever get the pillar mounts in?

...Also where is the map sensor? I cant remember. We are supposed to wire the switch there, and run it back to the cab?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Im down to try this though!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
Mr. Quad,
For us that are less mechanically inclined, could you get a pic up of this?

...Also where is the map sensor? I cant remember. We are supposed to wire the switch there, and run it back to the cab?
Just find the dark blue wire and the red wire on the Quad wiring harness. I used t-taps and tapped the wires right by where the connector plugs into the box. Doesn't matter where the MAP sensor is, all the work is done inside the cab.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM

So I can go buy T-taps at auto zone or something and a switch? then tap it right next to the actual box. T-tap dark blue, t-tap the red, and hook the switch up to both and mount the switch?

I am just not that good at this stuff! Thanks!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

t taps and switch at radio shack, again, a two lead switch, with no led's or lights, I got mine mounted where I can nip it up with the right foot, hands never leave the steering wheel, and back down....... not just a seat of the pants, but the rear tires notice too !

Quick Reply: smoke switch?