3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty Sr stack with Dr.P Stage III

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
ltw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Smarty Sr stack with Dr.P Stage III

Does anyone have this stack and if so then how do you like it. Power, mileage, reliability and what settings can you run on for daily driving.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have not used it personally, but it will stack well. For daily driving, select your smarty level and options of choice, leave the Dr. P off. Turn the Dr.P on only when you need the passing power, at the track and the like. Use it sparingly. The Dr. P is a very aggressive pressure box that will greatly shorten injector life if left on all the time-- especially if you have stock 03 injectors still. The tips on that year are not the best and tend to fail with high pressure over time.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
I have not used it personally, but it will stack well. For daily driving, select your smarty level and options of choice, leave the Dr. P off. Turn the Dr.P on only when you need the passing power, at the track and the like. Use it sparingly. The Dr. P is a very aggressive pressure box that will greatly shorten injector life if left on all the time-- especially if you have stock 03 injectors still. The tips on that year are not the best and tend to fail with high pressure over time.
The Dr.P box is really that harsh on injectors?

I run the stage ll Dr.P box with the Smarty Sr on lvl 6. The stage ll isn't adjustable, when it's plugged in it's there to stay unless you unplug it.

The power is great and it's a blast to drive. Low end power is awesome, i 'd love to try my stack on a built tranny. Top end isn't nothing to scoff at either, it pulls well over 100 without a problem. Can't comment on the reliability, it's never given me an issue.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
The stage ll isn't adjustable, when it's plugged in it's there to stay unless you unplug it.
On mine there is a yellow wire that if you hook up to a switch to ground, you can turn it on or off as you please.