3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty or Edge Juice/attitude.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty or Edge Juice/attitude.

I want one for MPG increase while towing approx. 10,000 lbs. I really cann't decide on which one. Don't care about power increases as each will do that and with my stock truck don't want more power. I do want MPG increase.

I like the idea of the edge juice/atittude with the gauges and built in safety features.

I also like the smarty with code reader, feature enable, and totally indectable. Not that anyone should try and hide problems they caused themselves.

I can get either one for only a few dollars difference.

I have had modified vehicles/trucks in the past and know all the assest/liability fun/problems so please don't lecture me on what I should have as support components.

Which level to run on would be o.k.
Any problems with either units?

For MPG increase which one would you use?
Thanks,
Ron
Old 02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluebull
I want one for MPG increase while towing approx. 10,000 lbs. I really cann't decide on which one. Don't care about power increases as each will do that and with my stock truck don't want more power. I do want MPG increase.

I like the idea of the edge juice/atittude with the gauges and built in safety features.

I also like the smarty with code reader, feature enable, and totally indectable. Not that anyone should try and hide problems they caused themselves.

I can get either one for only a few dollars difference.

I have had modified vehicles/trucks in the past and know all the assest/liability fun/problems so please don't lecture me on what I should have as support components.

Which level to run on would be o.k.
Any problems with either units?

For MPG increase which one would you use?
Thanks,
Ron
mpg increase? Smarty.

Never had an Edge product that showed me great mileage. I do love the Hot Juice and the EZ but I just haven't seen any mpg increases.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:28 PM

I love it when people post the same ? on more than one site.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark1si
why? there are plenty people on each site that dont go to the other site. I am one that only comes to this diesel forum.......

I like edge hot because it has been good to me. I dont like the downloaders because of the ECM issues that I see way too many people have. I can pull my edge at any time and it is back to the true stock program.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark1si
Then get ready for your big hug. I posted twice on three websites.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:45 PM

Don't know which if either will help the mileage much. My Juice maybe added 1-1.5mpg, but I honestly didn't check but twice before I added the Juice. One thing to consider in addition to the safety features and built in gauges with the attitude, is that if it starts to run hot on egts climbing a big hill you can simply reach up and turn it down a level. With the Smarty you would have to pull over and download a lower level.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Argo
I like edge hot because it has been good to me. I dont like the downloaders because of the ECM issues that I see way too many people have. I can pull my edge at any time and it is back to the true stock program.
Your absolutely right, I had a superchips downloader on my 1999 dodge cummins and had nothing but problems.

With the Edge Juice/attitude I beleave it leaves a footprint in the ECM that the parimeters have changed. If I'am wrong please someone correct me. I really like the Edge more because of the fail proof disaster averter built into it plus the guages.

Maybe I'am just chasing my own tail since it seems I know what I want. I just like the stealth of the Smarty, since I had my warranty fight with DC and lost. Which the problems with my 1999 was a DC problem and was there before I modified my truck. The modifications I did was on the advice of a dealership and then was turned into DC to void my warranty and hence get rid of my problem truck and all the warranty claims. It will not happen again if I can help it.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam
Don't know which if either will help the mileage much. My Juice maybe added 1-1.5mpg, but I honestly didn't check but twice before I added the Juice. One thing to consider in addition to the safety features and built in gauges with the attitude, is that if it starts to run hot on egts climbing a big hill you can simply reach up and turn it down a level. With the Smarty you would have to pull over and download a lower level.
Even though 1 MPG would take forever to pay off the extra cost of the upgrade it's still 1 MPG more than I make now.

Very good point about simply reaching down and turning down the power vs. having to stop and download another program. Then again with the Smarty and no guages I wouldn't even know the truck was running hot until it was too late. Very good point since I can both the Smarty or Edge Juice/Attitude for the same price. Why pay up to $300 more for a complete set of guages if I buy the Smarty. Almost sounds like a no brainer.

I really do need more imput from both.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Banned

I would get guages, sounds like your dealer allready knows you tow (and if they don't why the heck do they sell these trucks?) and then get the smarty. I have been tossing this around for a long time and finally figured it out. If you don't want to loose your a-pilar get the commander and it will safely monitor your truck. This way the smarty is completely (suposively) undetectable and if you do have warranty issues you won't be harrased other than guages possibly. If you have the attitude and take it out with warranty claims and they see you've got a pyro and no guages that will raise ???? I like the monitor's I had the BullyDOg Monitor on my 05 but for warranty issues trying to hide it was a nitemare and taking it out was almost impossible after installing it. THey need a plug for the wires right in the back so if you have problems just unplug it hide the wires and it's huidini!!!

Shane
Old 02-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned

it can be argued that the Edge doesn't leave a footprint on your truck....since modules fool stock parameters into thinking the actual parameters are lower to make the truck fuel more, the parameters aren't actually changed. But...when the parameters are fooled, sometimes the numbers the computer sees are wacky numbers. So, in the event of the a code being thrown and freeze frame is taken, the parameters may look funny and the dealer might be able to point to that as an issue.

Hope that made sense and helps.....

Juice/Attitude has been a great, trouble free module/monitor for me....but didn't see much if any improvement in mileage.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I would get guages, sounds like your dealer allready knows you tow (and if they don't why the heck do they sell these trucks?) and then get the smarty. I have been tossing this around for a long time and finally figured it out. If you don't want to loose your a-pilar get the commander and it will safely monitor your truck. This way the smarty is completely (suposively) undetectable and if you do have warranty issues you won't be harrased other than guages possibly. If you have the attitude and take it out with warranty claims and they see you've got a pyro and no guages that will raise ???? I like the monitor's I had the BullyDOg Monitor on my 05 but for warranty issues trying to hide it was a nitemare and taking it out was almost impossible after installing it. THey need a plug for the wires right in the back so if you have problems just unplug it hide the wires and it's huidini!!!

Shane
Good thought about the monitor alone and then the smarty. Just don't want to part with anymore cash than I have to.

Can the Attitude be used without the Juice? Anyone!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
it can be argued that the Edge doesn't leave a footprint on your truck....since modules fool stock parameters into thinking the actual parameters are lower to make the truck fuel more, the parameters aren't actually changed. But...when the parameters are fooled, sometimes the numbers the computer sees are wacky numbers. So, in the event of the a code being thrown and freeze frame is taken, the parameters may look funny and the dealer might be able to point to that as an issue.

Hope that made sense and helps.....

Juice/Attitude has been a great, trouble free module/monitor for me....but didn't see much if any improvement in mileage.
I know exactly what your saying and have analysised it the other way. I could always argue no programmer or box or whatever they want to call it was on my truck. I would say, "I guess the over boost or the over fueling or the whatever it is that caused my truck to run crappy is what caused the code. After all isn't that what the code is saying?"

If they could void my warranty because of a code they could void it right now because the truck started gelling the other day and through a p0148.

I have also run a edge product on a previous vehicle and I did have one problems which edge took care of without reservations.

Can the attitude be used without the juice?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluebull
Can the attitude be used without the juice?
Nope. Attitude gets readings through the Juice.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Argo
why? there are plenty people on each site that dont go to the other site. I am one that only comes to this diesel forum.......

amen !! i have had my JUICE with attitude on my truck for a yr and half now .. now issues , no CEL'S smooth oh so smooth smooth smooth power.. did i say it had smooth power ..i have been very happy with mine .. gives you lots of safety features , the dyno ##'s stand up (especially staked with my quad xzt box... thanks quad !!)i could not be more pleased !!! and also the choice of going from mild to wild in the flick of a button !! off my rant now !!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:04 PM

i agree with swansong04 the juice gives you smooth higher end and mid range power but it kinda lacks on the low end but if you stack it with an ez or quad box they will give you more low end. right now i am missing my juice so much just sent it out last week for the hot upgrade i can't wait to get it back. as for towing with the juice i have to say i love it i ran from baltimore md to spotsville pa and back (400-500 mile round trip) with a car and trailor behind me doing 80-85 the whole way and got 17 mpg and that was with out my fuel system and ez. felt like the car and trailor wasn't even back there.

Quick Reply: Smarty or Edge Juice/attitude.