3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty Beta 4.4sl Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Beta 4.4sl Dyno

The updated 4.4 got some testing today. Seems like there is more torque on this program. The highest torque reading I could get was on #3 which was 1014. After many attempts, I got 475hp and 993 tq on #7 . We could not get #7 or #9 to load up to get any good readings. I know #9 is stronger by driving it on the street SO has anyone else had problems loading up on the dyno and what can I do about it? Thought about a TC lockup switch but not sure if that would help. Need some guys that frequent the dyno to share some wisdom.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 AM

Your tranny is slipping
Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 AM

mine dynoed about the same hp but less tq on a dynojet with the stock turbo. thats alot of tq just for a downloader. my tq was around 875 I think. but the first time it read 1700 ft lbs so I think there readings were off
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM

tranny does not slip on the street so I would not think it would slip on the dyno. Besides #3-#9 seem to be pretty close in horse power so if I held 1014tq on #3 and 1003tq on #5 I should be able to get a reading on #9. Maybe it is just too much. I just had the valve body done that morning so I'll go check my trans fluid and see if smells burnt.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM

did you run on a mustang or DJ??
Old 10-19-2007, 10:50 AM

There is VERY little power difference on all of the BETA SW#'s...it is more a test of settings....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM

...are you serious?!! that's great news with the power increases and all, but i thought the new sl updates were the exact same with the addition of speed limiter?? unless, more spped equals more power?? i don't understand!! but it is great news!!!! keep the info coming!!!

darren
Old 10-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ramtd02
did you run on a mustang or DJ??
it was a dyno jet.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jwb600
mine dynoed about the same hp but less tq on a dynojet with the stock turbo. thats alot of tq just for a downloader. my tq was around 875 I think. but the first time it read 1700 ft lbs so I think there readings were off
The highest I had on the original 4.4 was 912 and the 4.4 sl was 1014 but that was on 3. I think 9 should put out more but even if it did it's probably not going to be much. Either way you look at it, your right, that's a lot of power for just a downloader with stock sticks, turbo,lift pump,tranny,ect...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by darrenb
...are you serious?!! that's great news with the power increases and all, but i thought the new sl updates were the exact same with the addition of speed limiter?? unless, more spped equals more power?? i don't understand!! but it is great news!!!! keep the info coming!!!

darren
He's referring to the beta software which is unreleased and only available via special request. According to Bob Wagner, the beta is supposed get the finishing touches and be available on the website by the end of November. The current software on the website is changed only with the addition of the adjustable speed limiter.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhilR
He's referring to the beta software which is unreleased and only available via special request. According to Bob Wagner, the beta is supposed get the finishing touches and be available on the website by the end of November. The current software on the website is changed only with the addition of the adjustable speed limiter.
I believe darren is running 4.4 beta???
Old 10-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Shane!!!!! Hey buddy how goes it? I think I asked you before, are you heading to BD dyno days this weekend? Me and the wife are headed over. I might even dyno the blue bomb. Did willis53 get the smarty???
Jim
Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RJOS
Shane!!!!! Hey buddy how goes it? I think I asked you before, are you heading to BD dyno days this weekend? Me and the wife are headed over. I might even dyno the blue bomb. Did willis53 get the smarty???
Jim
Jimbo.... What up... I aint been on in about a week been to busy... No aint going nowhere this weekend it's rained all week and no work has gotten done and it's supposed to clear up this weekend...... I would love to. But we just poured footings and foundation walls on our house so we are crazy busy.... Yep he's running the smarty and smokin the clutch!!!

Have fun my friend.. DId you ever sell your tires??? and wheels???
Old 10-19-2007, 06:43 PM

I tried but it wasn't worth losing the money. So now I am steadily saving for a turbo and injectors. I am still coming down your way, getting the bottom turbo Nathan recommends and then twins. Have you started seeing real snow yet? Not much of that here. Are you guys seeing a ton of new housing out there? In san antonio there is so much room for urban sprawl it is a buyers market.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RJOS
I tried but it wasn't worth losing the money. So now I am steadily saving for a turbo and injectors. I am still coming down your way, getting the bottom turbo Nathan recommends and then twins. Have you started seeing real snow yet? Not much of that here. Are you guys seeing a ton of new housing out there? In san antonio there is so much room for urban sprawl it is a buyers market.

Yeah it's been snowing off and on all this week with rain/slush... mostly snowing in the upper elevations... New housing is screaming here that's what I mainly work in... The market's a little flooded right now so it's a buyers market too but this summer it was a seller's market... Houses wouldn't be on the marker for more than a week...

Quick Reply: Smarty Beta 4.4sl Dyno