3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quadzilla Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Question

I bought a quadzilla box for my truck, i believe it is the xerlerator, that plugs into several points in the engine and has a **** that mounts in the cab of the truck. It is suppose to be the race or XZT edition and when i read the manual it says that when you click it to the 130hp race setting you should hear the timing of the truck change. now i have noticed a quicker thorttle response but have not heard a change in the engine note that would show that the timing has been changed. also i noticed on the highest setting there is no smoke increase. Now before anyone starts busting my *****, i know smoke doesn't equal horsepower, but i thougth with the additional horsepower it showes it provides that i would see some increase. I have a drop in K&N air filter and a stock turbo so i'm pretty sure that i haven't found the perfect clean burning power solution lol i'm wondering is the XZT i have just a timing box and do i need to stack it with a fuel box. if i need a fuel box, which one should i go with, other than the Smarty since i'm not wanting to pull houses down, run 12's at the drag strip or put down 700 hp lol. thanks for help
Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 PM

I've never heard of hearing a change in sound by changing settings. I have no experience with the quad boxes but if there is a 130 hp race setting I would imagine it does timing and fueling. And yeah I would think reving it would puff a tad. Maybe it is setup like the tst I had and would not fuel until you had Boost. Good luck and by the way the smarty has quite a few settings below 130 hp.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 PM

my exhaust note changes a little when going from the max mileage city tune to the actual tunes that gain HP. If the XZT is like my XZ2 it should add some timing,duration, and pressure
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM

i have thought about the not fueling until it boosts also, but even when the boost comes up, still no more smoke than when its set at stock. i know the smarty has lower power levels, just don't want to pay 600 to 700 bucks for a programmer that i only use one or two settings on, when i could buy a programmer for half the price and just get the tunes that i would use. guess i'll just have to call quadzilla and ask them, cause the box is not responding the way i thought it would, especially having the race tunes installed in it as well. thanks for the input though.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:27 PM

can you download tunes onto that box ? if so i would try the smoke tunes they are much more aggressive.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:16 PM

i don't think it is upgradable. i looked on the website and can't even find a box that looks similar so i'm thinking maybe its one of the first ones that they produced
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by jcmoyer2004
I bought a quadzilla box for my truck, i believe it is the xerlerator, that plugs into several points in the engine and has a **** that mounts in the cab of the truck. It is suppose to be the race or XZT edition and when i read the manual it says that when you click it to the 130hp race setting you should hear the timing of the truck change. now i have noticed a quicker thorttle response but have not heard a change in the engine note that would show that the timing has been changed. also i noticed on the highest setting there is no smoke increase. Now before anyone starts busting my *****, i know smoke doesn't equal horsepower, but i thougth with the additional horsepower it showes it provides that i would see some increase. I have a drop in K&N air filter and a stock turbo so i'm pretty sure that i haven't found the perfect clean burning power solution lol i'm wondering is the XZT i have just a timing box and do i need to stack it with a fuel box. if i need a fuel box, which one should i go with, other than the Smarty since i'm not wanting to pull houses down, run 12's at the drag strip or put down 700 hp lol. thanks for help
The race is 130hp the xzt is 65hp you can hear the timing in my truck with the race. My guess is you have the xzt 65hp box
Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 PM

well the quadzilla box i have has three settings that are the "regular" settings and then you click the know over several more positions and that is where the "race" settings are suppose to be. I have confirmed that the box is working by the LED lights that are on it but still dont see any more smoke and dont hear a difference in the engine note. although like i said before i do notice the quicker throttle response, that's why i was wondering if the box i got was just a timing box. i thought that may be the reason i did not notice an increase in the smoke (added fuel) from the higher settings.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM

If it is a older race (which I assume it is because you said it has leds)it has off then only three power settings the race 2 has 5 power settings which is the newer updatable one. you should be able to tell which box it is by the light flashes when you turn on the key
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 AM

yeah i contacted Justin at quadzilla yesterday and he said it could be the switch that i have or the box may need to be re-flashed, so i guess i'll be taking it off and sending it to them. hopefully they can fix it and get it back to me
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM

yeah i contacted Justin at quadzilla yesterday and he said it could be the switch that i have or the box may need to be re-flashed, so i guess i'll be taking it off and sending it to them. hopefully they can fix it and get it back to me
I ran the old Standard (100hp) box for a couple years, it worked great. I was a little worried but went ahead and upgraded to the X2. It is even smoother, and less rattle. I don't know what you spent on it, but if you are going to send it in - consider upgrading.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
With my first Quad Std. box I could tell when I went up a level by the exhaust note. It is due to the added timing the box does. I would also recommend sending it in to be upgraded if they still offer it. I love the Quad II's functions, temp, boost, and most of all the rail pressure gauge.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:22 PM

well i'm going to send it off this week to them and see what they can do. it's obviously the older box so i'm not sure if any "upgrades" can be done to it other than flashing in newer programming. it just has a **** that is turned to increase the power levels so it doesn't have the monitor that has the guages built in. hopefully Justin can hook me up and get it working right.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM

I just stacked the X2 with my BDTD, had a few problems with it when I bought it and Justin and Jeremy were both a big help, never heard anything bad about Quadzilla's customer service.

I'm a little leery goin much higher than level 3 stacked with CL, any of you guys have any advice? Has anyone fried their injectors with an X2 stacked with a Smarty or BDTD?

What's the max rail pressure I wanna see?

(sorry for the hijack)
Old 06-24-2009, 05:32 AM

well i'm going to send it off this week to them and see what they can do. it's obviously the older box so i'm not sure if any "upgrades" can be done to it other than flashing in newer programming. it just has a **** that is turned to increase the power levels so it doesn't have the monitor that has the guages built in. hopefully Justin can hook me up and get it working right.
It is not an upgrade to your existing box, it is an upgrade to the new X2 box. I was out of warrenty so it cost me $110, I did not upgrade the harness.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...r-II-a-Upgrade

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Question