3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Customers Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Customers Please Read!

As most of you know in our pursuit for perfection we have tried to get people with certain issues to do some testing for us so that the few issues we have had get resolved. I am constantly looking for things to make better of to try and solve problems. I nkow I will never get to the point where there is never a problem, but we want to try.

After doing some searching and talking to some dealers I have one more issue I want to try and resolve. The problem is that there is somewhat of a lack of data and it does not seem to happen very often, but I want to fix it.

We are not sure if this problem occurs from 03-06 or if it is just the 600 series or just the 555 and older series. I have searched and found 3 names on this board that have had the similar problems I want to correct. I am not sure if there issues were fixed or not so maybe they can tell us.

The problem:

Module runs fine for a period of time and then the truck seems to have a glitch followed by a check engine light or even a crappy running truck afterwards. It seems that after a restart the issue goes away for a period of time and may or may not come back again with the codes dissappearing after some keystarts. Almost always the codes have to do with a low voltage condition. ie. (0191,0192) each code could mean something different from year to year. also codes 0237 and 0251 seem to appear most of the time. Almost always at least 3 codes or more are stored for a period of time.

Some people have fixed this with dielectric grease or we sent them a new wiring harness, but at times this was not the problem.

The root of the problem has to do with power, or lack of power. Basically in order to get these codes we must loose enough power to either turn our controller off or to reset it which causes a problem with the signals we modify. I am not sure why or how we have a power management issue, but that is the only thing we can come up with.

So the 3 people I found when searching are:

brandon507
luvnacumns
wdbates

There were a couple of others I found but after continuing to seearch it seems the issues were resolved one way or another.

Before anyone gets carried away let me tell you what I want.

I want a truck that will have this issue or a very similar issue on command with no hope in sight. If you are a current customer or you tried it and you sent it back to where ever you bought it from. I want the worst of the worst even if you don't currently have the module. We have only had 1 local truck with the issue (finally) and we believe we can make the issue go away.

So don't pm me telling me you think you have a surge or you jsut want an upgrade, the upgrades will be offered once we know we barked up the right tree. I want to make sure that when I send some stuff out we can know if we fixed without any maybe's.

So if you have terrible issues like these please pm me and we will go from there.

Also if you prefer to post in here that is fine with me, I have no secrets . Or if you just have questions that is fine as well.

Quad
Old 12-20-2005, 05:20 PM

Once again it's great to see Quad keeping customers (satisfied ones along with dissatisfied ones!) at the forefront of his service ethics. Keep up the great work and have a fabulous Christmas!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 PM

I think yours was a different issue, but I am going to be pming you in the next few days.

THere has to be someone here on the board with this issue. At first I asked if for the worst, now anyone have this issue at all anymore?

Quad
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM

I still get the 251 code regularly but it has been attributed to the fuel pressure relief valve. Which I am still looking for.... If you have any questions let me know quad!!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 PM

Well, I don't have a quad box, or a truck to put one on YET (going tomorrow woo hoo!) but I can tell you thats what'll be on mine. Just my .02 but anytime you get someone SEEKING problems to repair that is customer service at its finest. I commend quad for asking for problem children and trying to remedy all problems, its not everyday anymore. Congrats and after tomorrow I'll probably be looking for a retailer for one!

Jason
Old 12-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
As most of you know in our pursuit for perfection we have tried to get people with certain issues to do some testing for us so that the few issues we have had get resolved. I am constantly looking for things to make better of to try and solve problems. I nkow I will never get to the point where there is never a problem, but we want to try.

After doing some searching and talking to some dealers I have one more issue I want to try and resolve. The problem is that there is somewhat of a lack of data and it does not seem to happen very often, but I want to fix it.

We are not sure if this problem occurs from 03-06 or if it is just the 600 series or just the 555 and older series. I have searched and found 3 names on this board that have had the similar problems I want to correct. I am not sure if there issues were fixed or not so maybe they can tell us.

The problem:

Module runs fine for a period of time and then the truck seems to have a glitch followed by a check engine light or even a crappy running truck afterwards. It seems that after a restart the issue goes away for a period of time and may or may not come back again with the codes dissappearing after some keystarts. Almost always the codes have to do with a low voltage condition. ie. (0191,0192) each code could mean something different from year to year. also codes 0237 and 0251 seem to appear most of the time. Almost always at least 3 codes or more are stored for a period of time.

Some people have fixed this with dielectric grease or we sent them a new wiring harness, but at times this was not the problem.

The root of the problem has to do with power, or lack of power. Basically in order to get these codes we must loose enough power to either turn our controller off or to reset it which causes a problem with the signals we modify. I am not sure why or how we have a power management issue, but that is the only thing we can come up with.

So the 3 people I found when searching are:

brandon507
luvnacumns
wdbates

There were a couple of others I found but after continuing to seearch it seems the issues were resolved one way or another.

Before anyone gets carried away let me tell you what I want.

I want a truck that will have this issue or a very similar issue on command with no hope in sight. If you are a current customer or you tried it and you sent it back to where ever you bought it from. I want the worst of the worst even if you don't currently have the module. We have only had 1 local truck with the issue (finally) and we believe we can make the issue go away.

So don't pm me telling me you think you have a surge or you jsut want an upgrade, the upgrades will be offered once we know we barked up the right tree. I want to make sure that when I send some stuff out we can know if we fixed without any maybe's.

So if you have terrible issues like these please pm me and we will go from there.

Also if you prefer to post in here that is fine with me, I have no secrets . Or if you just have questions that is fine as well.

Quad

If only Ford took care of its customers like this. The ford diesel website would be empty of posts.

If I was going to purchase a tuner box you would be the one I'd purchase from. That is outstanding customer service.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Quad,

I sent you a PM, since I don't have your email.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:10 PM

I have error codes 0192 and 0237, usually they show up after I have used my exhaust brake (BD) and then the engine sounds like it is misfiring, no power and lots of black smoke. I have to shut it down and restart to get it run right, not always on the first try though. the truck is an 04 305/555 with 6 speed. Been thru the the connections at motor and box and put an electronic choke on the harness per tech support but still have the problem. I have taken the box off because of these problems.

PS Only other mods are AFE Stage 2 and HOG 4" exhaust.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:38 PM

Cool

I have had the towing chip for a couple of months now with no problems that i know of , although yesterday i added the dilactric (not sure of the spelling) silicone to the connectors in the next couple of weeks i have a trip planned and will be towing my fifth wheel for the first time with the chip will see how the chip reacts to a 9,000 lb load hopefully there won't be any problems.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned

quad zxt skipping or hiccuping

Quad,

I was one of the people having problems with the quad box. I send it in to Jeremy and they checked it out and it aparently had something wrong with the wiring in the fuel system. I just got it back two days ago. It seems to be runnig fine but it is throwing a code? Po483?? It doesn't seem to make the same problems as before but I am curious as to what the code meens? I do have to say that I am impressed with quad's customer service!! I have delt with a lot of cumstomer service people and Jeremy Mcann is top notch!! I will keep checking on this post and see what happens or pm me if you would like!

Thanks Shane
Old 12-23-2005, 09:15 AM

Quad you have mail

Jim
Old 12-23-2005, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ramtifosi
I have error codes 0192 and 0237, usually they show up after I have used my exhaust brake (BD) and then the engine sounds like it is misfiring, no power and lots of black smoke. I have to shut it down and restart to get it run right, not always on the first try though. the truck is an 04 305/555 with 6 speed. Been thru the the connections at motor and box and put an electronic choke on the harness per tech support but still have the problem. I have taken the box off because of these problems.

PS Only other mods are AFE Stage 2 and HOG 4" exhaust.
I will do these one by one so it is not so confusing. I spoke with you before on this and it is a little baffling. The only thing I can think of is that using the brake draws enough current to give us an issue for some reason. The rf choke won't fix that problem, they were probably thinking it may have some interefernce from the wiring. That is obviously not it. I don't have a board ready just yet, but before the first of the year we should have some special boards built. I will pm you and get you one to see if this solves the issue.

Quad
Old 12-23-2005, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Quad,

I was one of the people having problems with the quad box. I send it in to Jeremy and they checked it out and it aparently had something wrong with the wiring in the fuel system. I just got it back two days ago. It seems to be runnig fine but it is throwing a code? Po483?? It doesn't seem to make the same problems as before but I am curious as to what the code meens? I do have to say that I am impressed with quad's customer service!! I have delt with a lot of cumstomer service people and Jeremy Mcann is top notch!! I will keep checking on this post and see what happens or pm me if you would like!

Thanks Shane

I don't even show a 0438?? That is in the area of a fan code or something? Does the light show up at all? I am wondering if this is sort of like the 0514 battery code in some way? Do you haev a way to clear it? Does it affect the vehicle in any way?

Quad
Old 12-23-2005, 12:00 PM

Those that have sent pm's I will respond to now.

Quad

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Customers Please Read!