3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problem with Predator and Puck Stack it kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with Predator and Puck Stack it kit

Ok heres the deal I have an 05 CTD 5inch Exhaust,afe cold air kit.
I installed a Predator power programmer on it with the stack-it kit.
Heres the problem on the low setting of the puck without the programmer installed engine has slight miss at idle and in slow parking lot style driving
with the puck on high setting it gets alittle worse.. The real fun starts when you load the Predator on the stack-it extreme program with this loaded if you use the low switch on the puck it gets definet miss and surge while driving
Now flip the switch to the highest setting and DOH if you nail the throttle while driving it hangs there like the throttle is sticking only what to recover it
is start getting on the brakes and the transmission will torque down the engine till it stops hanging or flip the switch on the puck back to stock and it will stop. Now another thing if everything is in extreme mode and your in park
at idle and start bringin the throttle up to 2000 rpm gradually it will stick at 2000 to 2200 rpm and just hang there and kinda miss but the throttle is stuck. All these caracteristics start from the lowest performance settings and just get worse the more you put into it.. I went ahead and replaced the lift pump with new CTD unit (still under warranty) because we found the flow to be a little under par. BUt hell I dont know whats going on with this thing...

Sorry for the long post Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Israel Sweeney
Old 12-20-2006, 02:54 PM

anyone ran into this
Old 12-20-2006, 03:06 PM

hmmm,, I have heard of that before with other progamers too,, but i have never seen it personally, I would call diablosport and talk to them, it could be a flaw in their product

Kevin
Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 PM

ive emailed them a couple times with no answer I will try and give them a call and see if that does any better..
Thanks
Iz
Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 PM

Diablo's website shows that the stack is not out for the 05 and 06 yet. Are you sure that you got the right one?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:40 PM

Yeah I even called RPM OUTLET back and verified. Then just to be safe I checked the numbers on DIablo sports website against my unit...
Im down loading what looks to be like an update for the unit now from diablos
site....we'll see what that does

Thanks
Iz
Old 12-20-2006, 07:35 PM

I emailed Diablosport about 2 weeks ago and they said that the stack would not be out until the first of next year for the 05 and 06.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:37 PM

Sorry, they got back to me the next day. Left that out.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Chapter President

Have you tried the Downloader by itself in any of the positions w/o the Puck? It might just be in the Puck, and not the downloader. As you say it quits when you switch off the Puck.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Have you tried the Downloader by itself in any of the positions w/o the Puck? It might just be in the Puck, and not the downloader. As you say it quits when you switch off the Puck.
That's what I was thinking. You beat me to it. They have the programmer for the 05 and 06 but not the stack yet. It may be in the programming of the puck and the programmer that they are trying to get to work.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Yeah I tried puck by itself. miss not as bad and no throttle hanging just kind of lingering throttle like slow to come back to idle. Tried the down loader by itself same. It seems like it may be a porblem with the truck itself and everytime I add alittle more problem gets progressively worse the more power you add. till you get to the extreme stack-it program and the throttle will just hang if you throttle it up to around 2-2200 rpm rpm wont come back down till you either cut the key off or switch the puck back into neutral position...

Thanks
Iz
Old 12-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Have you tried programing it on the other side, just the extreme setting?

Kevin
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 AM

Angry

Yeah I tried that too, completely disconnected the puck. then installed the programmer by it self tried it on all settings. pretty much same results the higher the power settings you go the worse the conditions get...
You know some off the **** i could live with but the throttle sticking

Iz
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 AM

I have the diablo programmer in my 03 and I have had none of the problems you describe. I would definately download the latest update and try again and if that doesn't work I would get a new unit. Shouldn't be a problem since you just bought it.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM

Downloaded the newest update truck seems smoother running
but throttle sticking problem still exists

Iz

Quick Reply: Problem with Predator and Puck Stack it kit