3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Predator... how's it working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Predator... how's it working?

Those who have the new DiabloSport Predator, I'd like to hear any and all opinions about all the power levels, etc.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mines working great couldnt be happier. i havent tried anything other then the Extreme tune. Im installing my gauges this weekend and then i will stack it with the EZ on level 2. Ill keep you posted
Old 05-19-2006, 04:48 PM

Don't want to high jack the thread but dogetech77 do you have an auto or stick, if an auto any problems? also do you know if the predator makes a back-up of the stock program or just puts a generic stock program like the BDPP.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by flyfsh70
Don't want to high jack the thread but dogetech77 do you have an auto or stick, if an auto any problems? also do you know if the predator makes a back-up of the stock program or just puts a generic stock program like the BDPP.

I have an auto and no problems so far. The shifts seem to be alittle tighter. I think it backs up the original program.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM

I have been running the perf / econo tune works real well with my 6 -speed . The data logging is a SWEET little bonus and I hear downloads are out ................ 200 hp tune is coming soon !! Puts out a nice lil cloud off idle when you want to ........ just ask the clown in the BMW convertible that cut me off 4 or 5 times in bumper to bumper traffic today !!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 PM

I also have taken advantage of my anti-tailgater smoke a time or two
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 AM

diablosport

mine is sitting in my back floorboard because it will not work on my truck and diablo sport does NOT KNOW WHY!!!!! SO AS A DUST COLLECTOR IT WORKS GREAT. I bought a superchips flash paq that loaded right up and runs great and adjust for tire size screw diablo sport and the horse they road in on!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:33 AM

Mine didnt work at first ,but Diablo sent an update and now it works great. It said my vehicle wasnt in the database. Strokin have you tried it on anybody elses tuck? Can you get your money back? It is to bad they couldnt help you because this programmer will really burn the tires.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:44 PM

Thumbs down nope

i dont have anyone else around that i could try it on, mine says not in data base also, but apparently they dont have the update for my truck yet... they are still saying a couple of weeks
Old 05-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Chapter President

Hey Stroke, I'll take that POS off your hands for say $50 . Anyway, I plan to try this stacked with my Juice, soon as I can sell the BDPP. I'll ley you all know.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:49 PM

Thumbs down sounds good

they are acting like they will have it fixed in a couple of weeks so they wont take it back... They are sending me a shirt and cap for my trouble. WOW 50 $$$ sounds pretty good to me BRING IT ON.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:29 PM

i find it works great gives high idle also only thing i find is tranny hangs for a bit when u mash the go pedal could be my TC going tho but other than that extreme hauls
Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by common rail
i find it works great gives high idle also only thing i find is tranny hangs for a bit when u mash the go pedal could be my TC going tho but other than that extreme hauls
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with quality of TQC. You have the dreaded defuel Tourque management hitting when you mash down. Believe me, when I say this. I have fought mine for months now. Tried BD RAD -didnt help. Tried jumpering speed sensor in transfer case. It worked untill the truck realized something wasnt hooked up right and went into limp mode - 2000 RPM tops.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Hey Stroke, I'll take that POS off your hands for say $50 . Anyway, I plan to try this stacked with my Juice, soon as I can sell the BDPP. I'll ley you all know.
You will like the stack. Especially if you like smoke. Try DP on 3 and the EJH on 5.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:52 AM

predator

I have my predator for 7-8 weeks now ,and only use the extreme tune ,once I put it on perf tune but it was so much difference that I stopped at the first corner and loaded the extreme back in.
since mine is an , 03 SO ,it really wakes up.
For the money I find this unit awesome.
I am thinking about stacking it with a module,but don,t no which one ?
I love to buy a twin turbo kit when money is there so I think I should buy the tst to work with a predator if thats possible.

sterling

Quick Reply: Predator... how's it working?