3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pics of my truck after Thuren install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of my truck after Thuren install...

Parked next to my brothers '06 F-350 4x4 with Donahoe 4.5" lift and 35x20 Toyo Open Country MT's:

Side view:

Shock setup:

Old 09-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Loods GOOD!!

I like your truck. I love black but for me to keep it clean would require washing it every day!! I also love lifted megacab's. I'm thinking about going and getting one after the first of the year!!

Shane
Old 09-14-2006, 02:04 PM

That is what I'm talking about! I love Thuren's products. I want the same setup as you, but I'm going with the 3" springs and some 3" controls arms.

Truck looks good man!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:04 PM

Looks good!

Hows the ride now?

Any pics of the track bar?

And did you ever find out how much caster they aligned it with?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:10 PM

Which coil springs did you get? I didn't think Don sold springs. Do you have kings in the back as well? Nice truck too, I'd like a megacab as well but can't justify losing money on mine to get one.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Looks good!

Hows the ride now?

Any pics of the track bar?

And did you ever find out how much caster they aligned it with?

The front rides great, but now I can really feel how crappy the rear suspension works! I went through this same thing with my Titan. Ended up with a set of hybrid Deaver/stock springs with Bilsteins shocks on that truck. I have a feeling I'll end up with the same type of setup with this truck, only with King shocks valved by Don.

I forgot to take pics of the track bar and sway bar end links. I'll get some and post them in a few minutes.

No, never found out about the caster setting but I'm pretty confident they were returned to factory specs.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 05mxdiesel
Which coil springs did you get? I didn't think Don sold springs. Do you have kings in the back as well? Nice truck too, I'd like a megacab as well but can't justify losing money on mine to get one.

The springs are made for Don to his specs by a 3rd party.

I don't have the Kings yet out back because I'm too broke right now . But the factory stuff sucks pretty bad so I don't think I'll be able to wait that long.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
The front rides great, but now I can really feel how crappy the rear suspension works! I went through this same thing with my Titan. Ended up with a set of hybrid Deaver/stock springs with Bilsteins shocks on that truck. I have a feeling I'll end up with the same type of setup with this truck, only with King shocks valved by Don.

I forgot to take pics of the track bar and sway bar end links. I'll get some and post them in a few minutes.

No, never found out about the caster setting but I'm pretty confident they were returned to factory specs.
Cool.
Yeah, im sure the back will get worse(or ill notice it more) after I get the front dialed in...

Only reason I asked about alignment was because of people saying factory spec was 3*, but when leveling it out best settings were between 4.5*-5.5*
Old 09-14-2006, 02:26 PM

More pics:

Old 09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great! When that stock steering wears out, get Don's crossover steering. It's awesome.

I just ordered four King 2.5 shocks from him and he is going to valve them for me. I'll let you know how they work out in the rear of the truck. I'm like you, it rides like crap, so I hope the new shocks will work a little better back there.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM

Sweet. I cant wait to start ordering my stuff from him.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by djgaston
Looks great! When that stock steering wears out, get Don's crossover steering. It's awesome.

I just ordered four King 2.5 shocks from him and he is going to valve them for me. I'll let you know how they work out in the rear of the truck. I'm like you, it rides like crap, so I hope the new shocks will work a little better back there.
Are you going to change springs in the back? I talked to Don yesterday about working the rear while maintaining the ability to tow a large 5th wheel. He suggested Carli's spring pack and a set of Timbrens. The funny thing is I had the exact same type of setup on my Titan (Deaver/stock hybrid spring pack, Bilstein shocks and Timbrens) and it worked really well. I just may have to give it a shot. Now I just need to come up with the scratch to get it done.....anyone want to buy some stock tires or suspension components?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

Are you going to change springs in the back? I talked to Don yesterday about working the rear while maintaining the ability to tow a large 5th wheel. He suggested Carli's spring pack and a set of Timbrens. The funny thing is I had the exact same type of setup on my Titan (Deaver/stock hybrid spring pack, Bilstein shocks and Timbrens) and it worked really well. I just may have to give it a shot. Now I just need to come up with the scratch to get it done.....anyone want to buy some stock tires or suspension components?
I've already got Skyjacker 4 inch leaf packs in the rear, which aren't too bad really. I'm going to keep them for now, see what the shocks do for me, and go from there. If it's still too stiff unloaded, then I'll get some Deaver lift springs.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:40 PM

I'm running Sage's spring packs on the rear...they work great. Rear springs actually move now. They worked REALLY well with the Kings that Don valved for me, but when I got rid of the add a leaf and put Sage's packs on the rear dropped about 1.5-2". Now the 12's I was running are too long

Right now I have some KORE Fox 10's on the rear that Sage was kind enough to lend me....personally, I don't like the way they're valved. I'm going to a 10" King piggyback because I only have 10" of travel in the new bags.

BTW, I have a pair of 12" King 2.5's for sale if anybody's interested, I need to get rid of them to offset the cost of the new 10's.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
BTW, I have a pair of 12" King 2.5's for sale if anybody's interested, I need to get rid of them to offset the cost of the new 10's.
You are a day late man, I could have bought them off of you but I already ordered from Don Juan.

Quick Reply: Pics of my truck after Thuren install...