3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Newbie looking for advice on Fueling Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie looking for advice on Fueling Box

Long time listener...first time caller...
Ok had to say that at least once.
I am fairly new to diesel pickups but have been around construction and farm equipment for a while. I have a 2005 2500 4x4 6sp and would like to add some power. Local muffler shop also does some diesel performance on the side. The owner is going to set me up with a FLO-PRO muffler and remove that large can up closer to the turbo . We got to talking about fueling boxes and I have decided that I want one. Problem is I am tore between the TST and the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. The shop owner told me that the TST is better for more power but the edge is better for all around use. He runs a TST on his pulling truck but recommends the edge to most users. I can get either for $850 from this guy and he will even install it for me(which basicly means he will drill and tap the manifold for EGT). I have read alot about both on this board but just would like to hear some real world results from people who have either installed and what they think about them.
Thanks in advance
David
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM

Either is a good choice. The TST has more potential...but you will have to stay off the higher levels till you upgrade tranny, lift pump, and turbo/intake. If you have self control the 81 possible settings of the TST are sure fun!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:36 PM

From what I understand the TST has been around longer than the Edge. I know 2 guys at work with 03's running the TST they are both quite happy with them but they said that the new Edge Juice for 04.5's and up is about as impressive and has more drivetrain safety features. From what I have read the Edge will defuel if it detect trans slippage? Does anybody know if this actually works?
Thanks again