3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new speakers

hey guys, anyone change thier speakers yet? i just changed out the stock radio with a new aftermarket one from my last truck.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this yet. if so, what size can you fit in there? can you recomend a type or brand? consoles? full range?what are the best? can i put speakers under the dash? are the wires there allready? i dont know too much about this stuff,so any help will be appreciated.

well, thanx again guys
Old 12-04-2003, 07:24 PM

Re:new speakers

I have replaced my front door speakers with the Kenwood KFC-6969IE.

The front doors of our rigs take 6x9 speakers, but the depth is limited, so you have to make sure the magnets aren't too big. Otherwise you would have to make some spacers out of MDF. The rear doors take 5 1/4" speakers. Door panel removal is simple.

There are cutouts for 3 speakers under the dash panel. Two of them are for 3 1/2" speakers and the center speaker is a 2 1/2" speaker opening. The top of the dash snaps off, but make sure you wrap the screwdriver with a cloth or some tape so you don't scratch it. Mine did not have the wiring since I didn't get the optional 7 speaker stereo. Running wires wouldn't be too hard though.

Check out the thread below for some more info.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...9792#msg199792
Old 01-09-2004, 04:27 PM

well thanx Dan, i went with the Kenwood KFC-6969IE speakers. I was looking at them at Best Buy, $89... i wasn`t sure if i was gonna go with a more powerfull system (amp, woofer, components, blah,blah) so i wasn`t sure of spending the $100 bucks, only to change them out later. Then i saw them on EBAY, picked them up, brand new in box $29....WOW Now even if i change them , its not a big deal. But i do gotta say much better than the stock speekers.

i can crank my system louder now, with a more crisp sound. you hear all the bass, pluss the high notes as well. Installation was done in less than 20 minutes. i saw your post on panel removal, transfered the plastic ring to the new speakers, and they were done.

Thanx again.