3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Predator Chip Goes on Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Predator Chip Goes on Sale

Predator Performance (by D.R. Performance) has just released their new chip (piggy back module) for the 2003+ Cummins.

We just installed it on our truck (stage 3...not recommended for towing - 100 whp + 250 ft-lbs torque) and...OMG! It is almost scary how fast the thing and its ability to break the rear end loose.

You can embarass nearly all those rice burners at a stop light.

The predator comes in 3 stages (+ 50, 85, 100 hp) depending on your towing application.

It is currently the best power for the dollar chip out there (we are offering a special introductory price).

Here is the link...

Predator Power Modules

Available soon, predator will release the "PAW" which will function similar to the great edge "attitude". It will allow on the fly power selection (stage 1-3) fron within the cab, as well as EGT & Boost Gauges.

The current module will work with the PAW.

Installation takes 3-5 minutes!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:57 AM

I'm not trying to follow you around Matt,, I promise,, must be the cofee.

I know Dr. Performance had a tarnished reputation before with 12V and 24V 2nd gens, but this is one chip from Dr. P that I would not be worried to put on my own truck. He has his Act together with this one, and the "chip" is very easy to install. Even an Arm Chair Quarter Back could install one.

Merrick
Old 01-31-2004, 02:00 AM

Seems their is already a" switch on the fly "40 75 100 box out!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by MCummings
I'm not trying to follow you around Matt,, I promise,, must be the cofee.

I know Dr. Performance had a tarnished reputation before with 12V and 24V 2nd gens, but this is one chip from Dr. P that I would not be worried to put on my own truck. He has his Act together with this one, and the "chip" is very easy to install. Even an Arm Chair Quarter Back could install one.

Merrick
Here I am digging up old threads.

Why was their reputation tarnished before, and is anyone running this chip right now?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:25 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
TruckTuner,

How does the Predator work? Duration, fuel pressure, timing????

Wetspirit
Old 05-27-2004, 10:43 PM

TruckTuner,

How does the Predator work? Duration, fuel pressure, timing????

Wetspirit
Old 05-28-2004, 03:24 AM

That is correct...it works by fuel pressure and timing (though predator won't tell you "officially" how it works).

Matt
Old 05-28-2004, 11:01 AM

I'm running it and I'm liking it a LOT! Gonna hafta look at that stage 3
Old 05-28-2004, 01:53 PM

Timing????

Kinda like not needing gauges on his Phase 4 stuff too I suppose?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:32 PM

EGT's ?

Can it be detected by the factory once unplugged ? Also does it raise the EGTs significantly ? Any other concerns one should know about ?
Old 05-29-2004, 09:43 AM

Since everyone knows that diesels don't use spark plugs...ignition is determined by WHEN, how much, and the velocity the fuel enters the combustion chamber (velocity usually has a direct relationship on fuel droplet size...which typically become smaller with higher fuel rail pressures).

Therefore, "Timing" doesn't have anything to do with firing spark plugs but rather where the piston is (in degrees) in relation to TDC (top dead center) WHEN COMBUSTION BEGINS...
Old 05-29-2004, 02:29 PM

Truck Tuner,
I'm new to truck diesels, in fact my truck has not yet arrived but is due next week, so have no real first hand experience. I have read stories on posts about the poor mpg on the latest versions of the CTD so am interested in any chip that may help optimize performance and improve mpg. The Predator info I've read so far only talks about HP and torque improvements. Is mpg gain assumed? Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:49 PM

mountain_dog,

Let me jump in here. There seems to be a number of us here that are waiting for timing or timing/duration only chips that may help with mileage, as well as increase power, when needed.
Don't assume any chip will give better mileage. It seems that the timing issue is where the mileage benefit is.
Good luck on your new Dodge!

Wetspirit
Old 05-29-2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by TruckTuner
That is correct...it works by fuel pressure and timing (though predator won't tell you "officially" how it works).

Matt
Does each level just give you that level or is there choices of power on each of those 3 chip boxes? If it is pressure/timing, has anyone stacked it with a VA duration box? If so, what were the egts, boost etc. results??
Old 05-29-2004, 08:04 PM

Yesterday I unhooked my 0-100hp Quadzilla and hooked up my level one Predator with my tst just to try it out. Level one is a fueling module, only one connection.

Works very well with the tst , brings on power very strong.

By itself the little Predator is a very strong module - I think better than the edge EZ I used to have . At least the predator always works well the EZ did not. EGTS by itself are good.

I seen the level one dyno +78 Hp on an so. Fact!

One other fact after I took off my edge ez after it was causing my truck to surge - very bad ! My truck was running rough even a week after taking the ez off, intalled the stage one predator and the truck got quieter & smoothed out - very nice power. I was impressed.

Quick Reply: New Predator Chip Goes on Sale