3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New front end, much nicer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
JRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New front end, much nicer.

Just got new Carli ball joints in, Thuren 2" springs, 08.5 steering, and Bilstein 5100s put on the 06 today and wow, what a dramatic difference! Anyone who is thinking about going with the Thuren 2" springs, do it. Same goes for the Carli BJs. I had XRFs in my truck that put up the white flag after 30k miles. Now Im not bashing XRF as a lot of people seemed to have good luck with them. But 30k miles on 90% black top driving for me, I guess I wasnt as lucky as other folks. I will admit that swallowing the price tag on the Carli's was tough... But it made sense to just pay it and be done with it. Doing ball joints every 16 months was getting old.
Anyway Im VERY impressed with the way the Thurens ride. Even with the 5100s and not his Overlands, I am still tickled with the ride. I found myself taking the route out of the neighborhood with the largest bumps just because. Its not Baja truck but compared to stock its a huge improvement. The clunk in my front end is now gone with the new steering so driving in parking lots isnt embarrassing anymore. I cant wait to do the rear suspension, adj trackbar and steering brace.
Just thought Id make a quick post in case anyone was on the fence about doing any of these upgrades. The truck feels like I just drove it off the lot again, actually a bit better (Thanks Thuren).
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM

You can't go wrong with Carli or Thuren components.
Best thing I ever did to my truck.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks for the helpful post. Sounds like the truck drives nice!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM

I just did XRF's, Carli adjustable track bar, Carli Lower SS Stabilizer, DSS and 08.5 steering. WORLD's different in feel from before. I wanted to do the Carli joints, but figure i'd buy some time before i go that route. I just bought this truck and the previous owner said that he put new ball joints in 10K ago....uppers were shot. I do want to ditch the leveling kit and get the 2" springs....so might look into that with some nice shocks within the next year. Just glad the truck drives down the road now without constant correction.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 AM

Spohn components

I am looking at upgrading my front suspension control arms and I am in a bit of a dilemma. I know Thuren products are good but they only offer their control arms which are 1/2" longer and I am keeping the stock height suspension. Don has informed me that the 1/2" longer works well with the stock height suspensions. I have a camper shell, tools boxes and about 500 lbs of additional gear in the bed so the vehicle ride height is presently close to level so the 2" front leveling kit is not really an option. I am looking at Spohn components, which are slightly cheaper but original factory length. Does anyone have experience with Spohn products? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

L8r,..........dogger
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM

As long as the CA is the correct length for your truck, or you're trying to address tire rubbing with a special CA, I don't think there's much benefit in swapping them out for an aftermarket CA of the same length.