3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

My Xzillaraider messed up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Xzillaraider messed up!

I've had the Xzilla race box on my 04 for a month now with no problems till the other day. I was on my way to work and had been driving on the 60hp setting for 150mi. cruising around 70mph and all was good. Came to a stop light and the cummins started missing and died. I checked it for codes and had none nor did the cel light come on. I cranked it back up and drove another 15 or so miles with the xzilla off and it started missing real bad and died again at highway speed. The cel light came on this time and it had codes P-0193 (fuel rail sensor high) and P-0237 (turbo boost pressure low). The truck would start but run very rough and die. The led light on the xzilla box would illuminate and flicker green, yellow red even with the switch in the off position. I disconnected the box and installed the bypass plug and this still did not correct the problem. Finally, I disconnected the wiring and went back to stock harness and plugs. The truck started right up and ran fine the remainder of the trip.
I called Xzillaraider and spoke with them about it. They were very helpful and we came to the conclusion it might be the wiring harness breaking down. By the way I did check all the connections on the harness and still to no avail.
They promised to send me a new harness but I'm gone from home for 2 weeks and it's really bugging me that this problem arose. Has anyone experienced this besides me? I love this xzilla box but it may take awhile for me to trust it again, if, and, (hopefully) a new wiring harness is the fix.
Again I was pleased with the way Xzilla and Co. handled my phone call and I really hope the problem is minor as in just needing a new harness.
I let you guys know what happens when I get the new harness installed.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Things do go wrong sometimes. Hopefully it's a simple fix like they think. I haven't had any problems with mine yet. (Fingers crossed)
Old 06-11-2005, 06:38 PM

Yea, I originally bought the 100hp box and than later traded up for the race box. When I got the race box in I didn't swap out the harness and just sent my 100hp box back with the new harness. I kinda now wish I hadn't been so lazy and swapped out harness's. Then again I might should have just been satisfied with the 100hp box. I get real depressed when things aint right with my truck.
My wifes jealous of my truck, evertime I wash and wax it she comes up and says "I wish you'd rub on me as much as you do that **** truck!". She knows that makes me feel bad and uses it to her advantage.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

I could see that being used to your advantage as well.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:37 AM
abb

WhenI installed my box it ran good so I cleaned every thing up,wife and I got in it later to go to town and she cranked up and move about 3 feet died messed with it,called them up said it was the harness they sent me a new one overnight it has worked fine for the last 3 months
Old 06-12-2005, 02:23 PM

I sent my race box back on Thursday for the same problem. I'm sure there is something wrong w/ the harness. I only had it on one day and it started cutting in and out. Then the truck just would not start. Jeremy at Quadzilla seems to really want to take care of any issues though.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:36 PM

DieselRapter, would your truck run ok when you put the bypass plug on the wiring harness? Is that why you sent the box back and not the harness? Or did you send both harness and box back? Just wondering. I sure hope my problem is in the harness. My truck had to be wired back stock to run.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Mikey,
Negative on running OK w/ the bypass plug.In fact, the first time I called Quadzilla that was the first thing they suggested, to put the harness back on, put the bypass plug in and see what it does. Did the exact same thing. I wanted to send the harness in to get looked at. While Jeremy and I were talking he decided to have the box and harness sent back to be looked at. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the box because when it was making all the connections it was performing well. My stuff is scheduled to get to Quad on Tuesday so I have to wait till then to find out anything else. I am not worried at all because it is evident with all the positive feedback about the box and the number of times Quad himself is on these forums offering advice and seeking feedback that it will all be resolved. I feel that I have had nothing but good luck w/ other mods and the Edit happens fairy finally caught up w/ me.
Scott
Old 06-13-2005, 06:08 AM

Yeah, I think I have the bad luck stigma attached to me. I'm allways overly cautious and probably over service everything on my truck. I know Qzilla will take care of the problem after all I bought my box from a vender. They could have said "send it back to where u bought it from" but instead they were very helpful and offered to send a new harness immediatly even though I can't send the old harness back till I get home on the 22nd. I know things happen but it's nice to deal with people who stand firmly behind thier product. I'll definatly be able to test it out cause I'm leaving to Mena Ark. when I get in for a vacation and 4-wheeling trip at Wolf Pen Gap.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 AM

Not sure where or how, but the problem you have is it lost power and ground. When the box was flickering through the different lights it was reseting itself, just like when you turn the key on. Because it was disconnected and loosing power at times that is how y ou got a code. Those codes are exactly what you wull get if you were to just unplug the box. You may have had a bad connector? We will see when we get it.

Quad
Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the response Quad, It was flickering but it was doing it extremely rapidly. When starting up it would have a sequence. When it was doing it when I was having the problem it was like the led stayed lit but didn't know what color it wanted to be, and I had the **** selector on off. Strange...I'll swap it out on the 22nd and send the old harness to u. Thanks again for your help. It's nice to feel like a valued customer in todays world. Mike S.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck Mikey, I hope the new harness does it for ya. I have 8,000 miles on my quad box so far with no issues.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 PM

well my 65 hp box does it too .. not as bad as was stated above .. but when under load coming up a hill for insitnce in tow haul mode .. it will miss every once in awhile .. and if i go onto the freeway at WOT it misses like crazy ... when i put the bypass switch in it run perfect !!! i thought it was doing it with the box and with the bypass switich in .. but it seems to only do it with the box installed !!! argh !! ..
Old 06-14-2005, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by swansong04
well my 65 hp box does it too .. not as bad as was stated above .. but when under load coming up a hill for insitnce in tow haul mode .. it will miss every once in awhile .. and if i go onto the freeway at WOT it misses like crazy ... when i put the bypass switch in it run perfect !!! i thought it was doing it with the box and with the bypass switich in .. but it seems to only do it with the box installed !!! argh !! ..
You should call us. That is not normal and more than likely it is something simple that we can diagnose over the phone.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 AM

I finally reinstalled my 100 hp xzillaraider with the new harness supplied by my vendor. I've only tried it one day but no codes yet and no stalling. I'll be able to test it continually now so we'll see how it does.

Quick Reply: My Xzillaraider messed up!