3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MPI Twins going on tomorrow/ not so much

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Unhappy MPI Twins going on tomorrow/ not so much

Well Tim and I had it all set up to put my MPI twins and PPE twins on tomorrow. Tim and I both changed up are schedules at the last minute to make it happen. Then DHL drops the ball. It sat an extra day at their Ohio depot and no ones knows why. Worse than that they cant tell me if it will be delivered on Saturday or not. Her answer on the phone was well for sure by Monday but could be Saturday. I explained to her I had a 3 hour one way drive and could be on Saturday was not good enough. But I was told that was all she could find out.
So I decided to call back and speak with someone else and I was told the same thing. I can understand mistakes but not being able to tell me when it for sure will come has got me pretty ticked, I mean shipping is what they do for a living.
So as of like 3:42pm it was in transit from Wilmington Ohio to Norfolk Virginia, and scheduled delivery for who knows. Ok rant off.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:13 PM
O.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan, I have the same luck with DHL, just ask Lloyd how much I like them. Injectors from Don to Lloyd took two days more than scheduled. Setting me back three days, because here in Canada we are a day behind!

Good luck with the install,
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM

If its one thing I learned Bombing, its PATIENCE !
RAGE!!! Like when I was 17 & bought a Harley & couldn't get it registered in time for the weekend.
I feel your pain.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 PM

I went round and round with DHL about shipping to mexico a while back. pita
What color did you go with on your piping? He matched up the pipe to my paint scheme really well. I like it.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Banned

That sucks!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the shippers FUBAR delivery from time to time...

we're still waiting for a claim check from the last time we grabbed our ankles for UPS - screwed up same package twice in a row!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:53 PM

I live out in the sticks, their constantly late here, and their afraid to even pull in the yard, they run up drop it and run back to the truck.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Sooooo any word????
Old 09-15-2007, 05:20 PM

DHL is pathetic...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 PM

Is this the company that has those Yellow vans everywhere?

I have a funny story for you guys. A couple of years ago when I was out in California I was driving through my neighborhood to get to my buddys house. On my way there I drove past this house on a corner lot, there was a privacey fence put up on one corner of this house. Well I see TONS of smoke pourin up above this fence and I hear tires just squeeling away. So I decide to turn down this street to see whats going on. I see a guy in a DHL van who drove his front end into this mud pit, I guess the ruts were pretty deep because the frame was pretty close to the concrete slab he just drove over.

I see the guy sitting in the van, he has it in reverse trying to back out of this mud pit. His rear tires are just smoking away and he's leaving nice sized rubber patches on someones driveway. I stop to see if the guy needs any help. The driver hardly spoke any english at all, I told the guy if I pull him out and something breaks he's on his own. I don't think he cared or he just didn't know what I was saying. Anyways I tied a chain to him and yanked him out in 2wd

Anyways to stay on topic I fell your pain. Last month when I was waiting on FedEx to drop off my tool box I took off a day of work so that I could actually inspect the box before I signed for it. Well I get a call that day they SAID they would show up saying that it would not come that day. Instead it would be there the following day at 9:00 sharp, I didn't get my tool box until 12:30 that afternoon. That's about enough to make the pope tweeked right there.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:49 PM

Did you get em started? Im having a hell of a time getting the studs out of the stock turbo exhaust housing.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by cameroneod
Did you get em started? Im having a hell of a time getting the studs out of the stock turbo exhaust housing.
Did you try giving them a slight tap w/ the hammer? I know mine would not come out by hand. I had to tap them lightly.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Yep, gave em a couple taps. I hit em with penetrating oil before I threw in the towel, so we'll see when I start again in the morning.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:54 AM

Well they never showed. The worst part is they are sitting at a DHL facility in Virginia. And I wouldnt be too upset but I have a guy waiting for my BD twins, and so this has screwed up his schedule too. But I did go down and get my PPE dual fueler installed so Ill do a write up on that soon.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 AM

Oh nand the worst part is Tim had my turbos sitting on his bench. Man that SS 62 looks sweet. And OMG I thought an Aurora 5000 was big, I had no clue my S480 was bigger its huge. I cant believe its gonna fit . Next sunday I will snap a bunch of pics while Tim is doing all the work .

Quick Reply: MPI Twins going on tomorrow/ not so much