3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Mini-Pack from Kore/Lorenz/Carli or this one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mini-Pack from Kore/Lorenz/Carli or this one?

In the quest of improving the ride quality when the box is empty I am face with this dilemma:

Should I go with one of these?

From Kore:
http://www.koreraceshop.com/kore-hp-...sel-1-1-1.aspx

From Lorenz: (see bottom of the page)
http://lorenzindustries.com/products_leafs.html

From Carli:
http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/do.../addapack.html

Or this one?

https://sulastic.com/default.aspx

Please give me your inpute, thank you.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, if you can pony up the extra cash, get full replacement leaves...

I went with Carli mini-packs, and while it did improve the ride(mainly over sharp bumps) I wish I would have saved up the extra dough towards the full leaves.
IMO it didnt improve the ride well enough to justify spending it(instead of saving it towards the full replacements)
Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 PM

I've got the KORE, and i've got to say, I can't notice that much of a better ride over stock. I would agree, get full leafs if it's just for a better ride.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 PM
trx

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Honestly, if you can pony up the extra cash, get full replacement leaves...

I went with Carli mini-packs, and while it did improve the ride(mainly over sharp bumps) I wish I would have saved up the extra dough towards the full leaves.
IMO it didnt improve the ride well enough to justify spending it(instead of saving it towards the full replacements)
X2 Well said
Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 AM

I have the KORE HD leveling kit and KORE mini pacs, and I have been real happy with mine. I could tell a big difference, especially when I finally put on some Toyo's. I agree, the full replacements have to be better, but they are pretty pricy when the mini pacs do improve the stock ride in many aspects. I also run traction bars and Im sure that would take some of the benefit out of the full replacements in my case being that the bars do actually stiffen the ride alone.

I say save your money and get you some mini pac's, Lazar Smith traction bars and the SSSSS he has, and your truck will corner like a dream. XXLTEXAN and I both have this setup, and you'd be suprised at how well you can get a Dodge with 35x12.50's to round a corner,........cause you know I dont wanna lean like no caddy-lac!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned

you want some a nice real soft rear end? Get Thurens rear leafs, just dont expect to haul anything with them. If not, Carlis full leafs will do the job.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Gents!

You guys talked me out of expending $400.00 as it sounds that the Mini-packs do not make that much of a difference on the ride quality.
The full pack set is around $1500.00 and for that I need to put it through my Secretary of Economy for approval.
Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eddy Reyes
Thank you Gents!

You guys talked me out of expending $400.00 as it sounds that the Mini-packs do not make that much of a difference on the ride quality.
The full pack set is around $1500.00 and for that I need to put it through my Secretary of Economy for approval.
Thanks again.
Man, if you have posted a week earlier. I would of sold you my KORE Race Leafs for half. Anyways, Carli Fulls are $1,040 and probably have the best towing capabilities w/o air bags to a certain point.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddy Reyes
Thank you Gents!

Thanks again.
If you're going with the full leaves,count on getting Carli's long travel airbags to preserve your new longer spring travel while towing or carrying a load. More permission from your accountant needed.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM

I have the Thuren full leaf packs. WHile the ride is awsome is did kill the weight capacity. I just throw on a set of timbrens.
Leafs are a lil over g
timbrnes were about 190
Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 PM

I'm running Don's leafs with Carli's long travel bags. Works really good!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I'm running Don's leafs with Carli's long travel bags. Works really good!
Is it worth getting Dons leafs, then saving the insane amount for Carlis bags? Or should I just go with Carlis full leafs Pauli? All im missing from my suspension is arms, and leafs. Got the KINGS at all 4 corners, the stablizer, and the new 08.5 steering. I just cant get over how much the airbags are
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Thurens leaf's are insane, Its the best money I spent. Theyre 4" longer than stock, recenter the wheels to clear 37's, and use his proprietary shackles. INSANE, i tell you. Use timbrens until you can afford the airbags. Pauly did!!!

Heimz.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Banned

Ya, thats what I thought. But I have a shell for my truck that I usually keep on during the winter, so when I was talking to Don, he thought Carlis would do the job. I personally want to be 100% Thuren, as far as suspension goes. We will see.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM

Depends on how much you wanna spend on your truck really. The minipacks helped mine a lot, plus I haven't noticed a loss in capacity.

I should have picked up full leafs back then because I believe they were only $800! The minipacks I calculated were somewhere around $380.

Inflation I guess... But the truck does fine with them, I'm very happy with them.

Quick Reply: Mini-Pack from Kore/Lorenz/Carli or this one?