3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thumbs up Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review

Finally found a proper fix for that problem I had trying to keep the floors clean in my truck. I installed a set of the Michelin Edgeliners in my 06 Mega Cab and man am I glad I did! I am one of those guys that likes to keep his truck tidy, sure I use it like a truck but prefer the inside to be clean. I live in West Virginia where the roads see a lot of snow and salt in the winter time. That stuff stains the carpeted floor mats that came with the truck and I am tired of cleaning them.

First thing I noticed when Fedex dropped my package was how well the product was boxed up. I have said this before and truly believe you can tell a lot about a product by how well they package it. If a company is proud of their product it shows in the way they box it up. These floor liners are really well manufactured, they fit perfectly and even though it was only 11 degrees and they were cold and stiff from spending the night in the shop, they still fit like a glove. It took me more time to remove the old mats than to install the new ones. The driver side mat even had the hole in the right place to fit that factory pin to keep it from sliding around.

Upkeep on these things is pretty simple, take them out and rinse with a hose. It only takes a second to hose all the crud off that collects in them.
One of the features I like the most is how deep the grooves in them are. They are designed to channel the liquid away from your feet and they can hold a lot of spilled liquid or melted snow without leaking through to the carpet. That got me to wondering just how much liquid can they hold?… I dumped 2 cups of water into the drivers side liner and it held it all without a drop getting past. That’s a lot a of melted snow off my boots and pant legs before I have to worry about the floor getting wet.

The floor liners are designed to fit each individual vehicle perfectly and in my truck they really do. I admit I am one of those guys that cares more about “function” than looks but I think they look really good in the truck as well. The grey color is a good match and I have received several positive comments from people that have seen them. I had one concern when installing them, with the wife recently getting a new knee I worried that they might be slick when wet. I could see that being a problem when she climbed up into the truck with wet feet but I quickly found that to be a non issue. The liners though smooth in nature have a texture that allows for good traction and slipping doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Over all I really like my new Michelin Edgeliner floor liners and I HIGHLY recommend them. If you are on the fence about purchasing a better solution for your truck than provided by the factory floor mats like I was I suggest you give them a look see. For me they have proven to be both winter and grandchildren proof so far!

You can find them here: https://en.edgeliner.com/
Attached Thumbnails Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-passenger-old-747x800-.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-passenger-800x749-.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-new-driver-702x800-.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-leak-proof-800x753-.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-drivers-800x450-.jpg  

Michelin Edgeliner Floor Liner Review-backseat-450x800-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
BILTIT (01-11-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
They look real good, buddy.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Yeah now I have to clean up the truck
Old 01-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Great report and pictures Lary! I am glad to hear you are happy with the mats. I wish I had seen your report before I purchased a set of the
"Weather Tech" Floor Mats for my 2014 Ford Super Duty 6.7 Diesel. To put it mildly, I am VERY disappointed in the "Weather Tech" Floor Mats!

The problem I am having with the Weather Tech Mats is the edges that lie near the door threshold "curl up" on BOTH the driver and passenger sides! I thought after a few days they would "relax" and lay down better but so far that has not happened! So,....I have to physically "tape the mat edges down" to keep my foot from catching the mat edges and folding them up! It apparently isn't an "isolated problem" because a friend of mine has a 2017 Ford F-150 and his Weather Tech Mats are doing the same thing!

I am going to call "Weather Tech" this next week and see if they will do anything about this problem. If not, I guess I will be ordering a set of the "Michelin" Floor Mats!

--------
John_P
Old 01-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did the boxes say where these are made? i didnt see it in that link.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by CRF450R RIDER
did the boxes say where these are made? i didnt see it in that link.
If it did I didn't notice....good question though I will see if I can find out
The following users liked this post:
CRF450R RIDER (01-08-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear the EdgeLiners are working for you! Combining function and form is a big emphasis for us so you don't have to sacrifice one for the other. We wanted to make liners that work for guys who use their trucks as work trucks, but look nice enough for the guys who are usually in a suit.

Also, EdgeLiners are made in Asia and sold in the US and Canada.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Cool looking, but I don't see the trap door where your pistol is hidden in ? It must really be hidden well....
Old 01-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Cool looking, but I don't see the trap door where your pistol is hidden in ? It must really be hidden well....
There's more than one trap door in that truck. Mine too...
Old 01-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
John P I've had my weather tech liners going on 15 years and the sides are still curled up. This is the second truck they have been in