3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lorenz Dual Purpose Leafs

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j2mk
Jeff K, I saw your truck on Lorenz' website a couple of weeks ago and it is one of the nicest looking trucks I have seen. Sounds like it is practical too, good job.
Thanks! It is exactly what I wanted out of my "work" truck....practical, reliable and rides like a dream on the rough oilfield roads here in Alberta.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 PM

I really wish I would have waited and saved up for DP leave springs too
The mini packs work well, and did help some, but not as well as I would have liked. That $400 I spent on the mini packs could have gone towards the DP leave springs, or some nice shocks.

Oh well, live and learn...

We need some pics
Old 01-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Jeff did you install the kit yourself or have someone else do it? I'm going to order the full 5100 kit with dual purpose leafs from Sean this spring. If you can recommend a good shop in the Calgary area to do the install I'd sure appreciate it.

Truck looks great!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Thumbs up 2.25 SAW's

Originally Posted by MikeyT
Jeff did you install the kit yourself or have someone else do it? I'm going to order the full 5100 kit with dual purpose leafs from Sean this spring. If you can recommend a good shop in the Calgary area to do the install I'd sure appreciate it.

Truck looks great!
If you'll be patient and save a little more money,the 2.25 SAW's are a major upgrade from the Bilsteins. I've had them both. Do wish I'd bought the I.R. coils over the 23% ones I bought. They work great with the camper but a little more altitude would have been nicer.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 PM

I would have to agree, the DP Leafs are night and day difference! I love em, Ive had them for about 10000 miles now and they perform very well. Just put the bumpstops in to get the full factory tow/payload ratings. It only takes a couple of minutes to throw them in!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

Can the DP leaks be installed on an otherwise stock truck? or is special shocks & mounts needed?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mopardamo
Hello,

Can the DP leaks be installed on an otherwise stock truck? or is special shocks & mounts needed?
Yes, the DP leafs are a direct replacement for the factory leafs. They come with all the necessary hardware including new u-bolts. They provide the same rear lift height as stock.

Truck looks great!
I did the install myself. The only hard part was the DP leafs cause they are heavy and awkward. Other than that, it is pretty easy if you have some jack stands and a couple floor jacks. The rest is just basic hand tools. I am sure you could get the guys at Big Dog to install it if you don't want to do it yourself.

I don't have any pics of the DP leafs installed, but there are plenty on Lorenz's site in the buildup section
Old 01-26-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by doug60
I like um alot, I wish the front springs were as smooth as the Dual Purpose Leafs.
Just drive over a speed bump in a parking lot, you will see what I mean.
I dont tow so I dont even have the bump stops in.
Most likely that is due to the design of the dodge control arms, as the axle moves up, it also moves forward pushing into the obstacle. Same reason why jeep owners move to a reversed shackle setup. Ain't nothing you can do about that other than getting Thuren's Radius Arms.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Halibrand
Most likely that is due to the design of the dodge control arms, as the axle moves up, it also moves forward pushing into the obstacle. Same reason why jeep owners move to a reversed shackle setup. Ain't nothing you can do about that other than getting Thuren's Radius Arms.
Spring rate and shock valving will correct that a lot.Do not expect a higher spring rate to give a softer ride
Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
I think Sean Lorenz has a slide in for his truck, might want to call him and ask about it.
Sean has a light weight Camper and Air bags

Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 06:01 PM

Truck looks great!
These guys are in calgary,I chased for them in this years Baja 1k they can take care of your suspension needs

http://www.bigdogtrux.com/index.shtml

Bob
Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
I really wish I would have waited and saved up for DP leave springs too
The mini packs work well, and did help some, but not as well as I would have liked. That $400 I spent on the mini packs could have gone towards the DP leave springs, or some nice shocks.

Oh well, live and learn...

We need some pics
Some pics, guess I should of done that earlier.