3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Looking for some powermax cr info

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

SC,

Yes you can use your original guages, but I have found that the small remote is just fine and reads exactly what my manual guages read. You won't need them, but it was sure nice to test the digital readout with the manual boost. Hopefully you have not cut any holes yet if so just keep 'em.

SC I also refueled this morning and found that I was gettig around 22 mpg. I talked with Mark Chappel yesterday and he informed me that if the power setting was on one that it didn't matter what Torque level you had it on, it would only affect the timming and that to add fuel the power setting had to be on 2 or greater to beginning any additional fuel. That really helped me out alot, because I was constantly resetting the TE back to 1 if I had needed a little more HP, now it is real simple I leave the TE at level 3 and simply select which HP setting I need.

I hope this helps
Old 04-23-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RAM-RED

Thanks for clarifying the hp and tq setting. Mark's response to my following email questions didn't seem to specifically state what he told you, but I didn't ask the question in the same way that you did.

2.) If you leave the Torque setting at 0, do you still get torque enhancements above stock in the low rpm range? The instructions seem to hint that the torque settings just amplify the additional torque already added by the HP settings in the low rpm region.

Our torque enhancemnt setting changes fueling mainly at 1200 rpm to 1600 rpm with affect decreasing to zero linearly at 700 and 2900 rpm, i.e. changing the torque setting has no affect at 2900 rpm. The power setting turns up fuel at 2900 rpm with the affect decreasing linearly to zero at 1200 rpm. The power setting has no affect at 1200 rpm or below and the affect gradually increase above 1200 rpm.

3.) For best fuel economy cruising on the highway, what's the optimum setting (I've heard 1/1 is only timing enhancement, is this the optimum setting?)? Would a higher setting give the same fuel economy benefit it one was able to keep from using the additional fuel (not using full throttle).

The Cummins engine gets best fuel economy at 1600 rpm with efficiency decreasing rapidly above and below this point. We advance timing on power setting 1 for a big step in fuel economy, but if setting 1 does not provide enough power to remain in overdrive then a down shift would bump rpm into a less efficient range. Hard to answer this question, but keeping engine speed closer to 1600 rpm has a big affect on mpg.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked with Mark Chappel yesterday and he informed me that if the power setting was on one that it didn't matter what Torque level you had it on, it would only affect the timming and that to add fuel the power setting had to be on 2 or greater to beginning any additional fuel. That really helped me out alot, because I was constantly resetting the TE back to 1 if I had needed a little more HP, now it is real simple I leave the TE at level 3 and simply select which HP setting I need.
I tried setting my box on H.P. 1 and set Torque on all diff. settings and sure enough no change until H.P. went up to 2 or above I like this feature, now I can set Torque at 3 or 4 and just leave it there and only change H.P. as desired.