3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for guage solutions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for guage solutions

going to buy a box soon and want to add guages first. I have been searching and reading. I have heated seast and electronic 4wheel dive so dash mounting guges is out. I know I would like to get boost, egt for sure. would kind of possibly like the fuel presure and tranny temp.

proablem is that is four gauges to mound. the only solution I have found for that is the over the rear view mirror. Not my first choice.

another solution is combo guages. the only thing that pisses my off here is ISSPRO does not make any so then you have miss mach between factory look and gauge look.

I found that dakata digital makes a 3 way combo guage boost, egt, temp

odyssey II

so I am kind of torn between the on the column gauge pod with the odyssey II gauges as I would only need two of those or just bite the bullet and do the over the mirror with the ISSPRO guages.

any pictures or experiences aprciated.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:35 PM

Nice looking truck!

As far as grouped gauge solutions, what about the Edge Attitude Monitor? When I do start with thte mods, I think this will be the way I go.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM

I didn't think the outlook incuded tranny temp. It give slipage or some other number that I don't completely understand. I looked at the attitude, outlook and x monitor and they all seemed to be lacking a readout if I remeber corectly.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash mounting isnt out of the question. Do a search for a member named Medic Shawn. He did a custom dash install and relocated his 4x4 and seat controls.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 PM

Yeah I actually saw what you are talking about. I think I may just be too lazy to do that. I though about it. the only thing that would suck is the heated seat controls would not be accessable by the passenger.

I am leaning toward the oddessy egt/temp/boost gauge just to retain the factory fit and finish. would leave me without the fuel presure guage though. I looked at all the pillar mounts for the attitude and such and they ok but they don't look like they were there from the factory so to speek.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:13 PM

hognutz, that's a cool gauge! Are you going to go with the Dakota gauge?

Karl
Old 08-02-2005, 10:51 AM

I think I am going to do that guage in the srt-10 pillar. I think it will have a nice clean look. just need to come up with funds now.

then if someone comes out with a dual guage pillar with grap handle I will add the fuel presure then.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Ya, I really like it and I think it's exactly what alot of us are looking for in terms of being able to use the srt-10 pillar. I wish I knew more about the company but it's certainly the coolest 3-in-1 gauge I've seen out there.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:10 AM

they are more hotrod oriented. that is where I know them from. If you want info on them search around that kind of web forum and someone will be running them.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:45 AM

my understanding is yes. as long as it is within the range of the guage the temp can be what ever you want it to be.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:16 PM

Have you looked at the BD X monitor? I have one pics are in my gallery
Old 08-02-2005, 09:17 PM

I used an autometer triple guage a-pillar for egt, boost, and trans temp. relocated my 4wd and heated seat switches to a custom console under the cup holder and used the autometer triple dash pod for fuel pressure, trans pressure, and diff temp all from the phanton collection by autometer with green led bulbs to match the dash cluster. Looks WAY cool, reeeealy freaks out the import car dorks who think they're fast.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 AM

X-Monitor on the A-pillar, Outlook Monitor on the left side, Dakota Digital fuel pressure gauge on the right where the cigarette lighter use to be.

Between the X-Monitor and the Outlook Monitor, I like the Outlook Monitor the best, although I sometimes question it's accuracy. Just lots of neat features and I have found it suites me best. Clarity is much better than the X-Monitor. I used the single Odyssey to get the one reading that the others didn't give me and it definitely looks the best out of the three (clarity). Lots of folks up here using the Dakota Digital gauges. They seem to hold up better in the cold.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM

.........and don't forget Quad's new gauge that will be available soon. It looks decent: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=73663

Quick Reply: Looking for guage solutions