3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

A little interior help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little interior help?

Just ordered a set of gauges from Geno's garage last night and went with the triple dash cluster for mounting instead of the typical A-pillar mount.
I thought that with the more aggressive rake of the 3rd gen truck leaving all that dash board area, the gauges would fit nicely there up on top/center of the dash.
My question is has anyone gone through this install yet that can give a few disassembly tips on how to remove the upper dash pad?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Anyone???___
Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 AM

I like that look too. I haven't put my dash pod on yet. but I'm trying to do it without drilling a hole . let you know what i can come up with gonna be working on it this morning as soon a the woodstove in the barn gets cranked up
Old 02-18-2007, 06:57 AM

As far as dissassembly of the dash, just be gentle. It may not want to come apart, but it will! I pulled my entire dash apart because the piece I wanted to mod looked like you had to pull all the other stuff off to get it out by the tech book (WRONG!). I would have a 7mm socket (I think) on a 6 inch 1/4 drive ratchet. That will make your life easier. Most of them will come out with a philips screwdriver though. However you will run into some that feel like Dodge put them in there with a 3/4 impact, and the socket will help keep you from stripping them out. Dont ask me how I know! On a side note, if something wont let go, its because Dodge put a screw in the most inaccessable spot where you wouldnt think of looking!
Old 02-18-2007, 02:05 PM

Thanks guys, but is there any specific info on the top dash pad? I don't see any exposed fasteners. Is it one of those deals where you have to start down at the bottom and work your way up to the upper pad (like the radio bezel)?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 PM

Start by removing the radio bezel. then the cup holder if you have the one that folds into the dash, then the glove box, then start on the drivers side at the bottom and work your way up. the insrument cluster has a couple of screws on it once you get the other stuff off, then it pulls out due to quick fasteners. be gentle though you dont want to break them. Then its screws and snap fits from there. Good luck!