3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ladder bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladder bars

Tired of the bucking and jerking.Allready put 1 piece drive shaft in no help.Truck is horrible with 5th wheel on.Im sure my southbend clutch dosen't help you can't back up at all unless you use 4 low.Even normal driving when you get out of the throttle you can feel driveline unload with a thud.We chained it to a tree to watch it's all axel wrap.I guess only solution is ladder bars but I need something that wil work when weight of fifth wheel is on suspension.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by bishgeo
Tired of the bucking and jerking.Allready put 1 piece drive shaft in no help.Truck is horrible with 5th wheel on.Im sure my southbend clutch dosen't help you can't back up at all unless you use 4 low.Even normal driving when you get out of the throttle you can feel driveline unload with a thud.We chained it to a tree to watch it's all axel wrap.I guess only solution is ladder bars but I need something that wil work when weight of fifth wheel is on suspension.
--------------------
Bishego:

I would highly recommend a set of "Cal Trac" Traction Bars for your truck Sir!
I have a set on my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve and have to say they are one of the BEST mods I have ever done to my truck!

They are made by "Calvert Racing" out in California and their company is excellent to deal with. They are fully adjustable, either tighter or looser and you can decide what setting is best for YOUR TRUCK. I also think they are reasonably priced for what they do Sir.

Here is a link for you to their site with pictures etc:

Calvert Racing

Hope this helps you Sir!

----------
John_P
Old 12-17-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't wait to get my traction bars on as part of the suspension upgrade on my 2005…I also agree that the SBC clutch made the bucking even worse.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:03 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cal Tracs are a good, and relatively inexpensive option. They work.

I put on a set of Lazarsmith "Lazar bars". They completely eliminated axle wrap and also helped with sway.

I also tow a 5th wheel and they work well. Another option to consider.