3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Kelderman suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Kelderman suspension

Has anybody here ever installed a Kelderman 4 link suspension? If so, what was the difference in empty ride quality? What about the 2 stage front mod?

As expensive as it is, am seriously considering modifying my truck to a full or partial Kelderman suspension. Want to do this only to dramatically increase the empty ride characteristics on rough roads.

If I do go this route, does anybody have an opinion if the removed Carli suspension on my truck is saleable? That would include front and rear springs and the Carli long travel airbags at the rear.

I am probably dreaming here, but what are the chances of having a Kelderman dealer install what I need and then have a buyer for my Carli suspension come to Katy, Tx to pick it up?

I can of course install the new suspension myself, but that would mean a trip across the border anyway to pick up the parts, and then risk being charged duty on the new parts in the back of the truck when I cross back into Mexico.

All any any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:48 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Stan..

No real answers, just some second hand experience and observation.

While my truck was in the shop getting bombed another Dodge was getting the full Kelderman treatment. Although this incorporated an 8 inch lift.

First impression was very well made and engineered. I didn't see a corner cut or any sign of cheapness. You get what you pay for.

I have experience with both Mercedes and Range Rover air suspension. The Rover being closer to a Kelderman model.

You will absolutely improve the ride in terms of the rough roads and bump absorption. However, there is usually a trade off in lateral stability... it will wonder and wallow a little more especially in sharp turns.

How much and how important is all that to you? Only you can say. Absolutely get the best shocks you can though. I would go Kings here for sure if you can afford it.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:17 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
soulezoo, thanks for the answer.

The slight loss of lateral stability is a small price to pay compared to the hoped for increase in empty ride comfort.

Surprisingly there does not appear to much in the way of reviews on the 'net about this. A few and all are very positive, but was hoping for more. Already have a ton of bucks into this suspension and am very reluctant to drop more unless the ROI is verifiable and can be justified.

Also surprising is that no DTR members have chimed in to say that they have a Kenderman system installed.