3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just installed Bill's Custom Intake...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed Bill's Custom Intake...

Oh my giddy aunt does it sound good. :shock:WHISTLE!!!:shock: Fit and finish is good and everything is powder coated nicely. Overall I am pretty impressed with it. Now before anyone says anything about wasting money or that the stock box with a HD mod is the best I know...I know...I had and still have that set-up, as well as have done all the reading that everyone else has on it. But....I REALLY like turbo whistle....and the stock intake wasn't cutting it for that and for $244 shipped to my door I couldn't pass it up.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

video? i'd like to make mine sing a little louder.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:57 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
$244 just to hear the turbo whistle more? I'd pass. You can build your own with a short length of 4" tubing and 2 - 90deg. silicone elbows for far cheaper. And removing the inlet baffle, or "silencer ring" as it's better known, from the turbo is free. Sounds great on my dad's '06 with a stock intake box and filter!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Chapter President

Ahhh there's always one lol. I wouldn't spend $244 just to hear it whistle either. I was running the "holy grail" of intakes (HD mod on stock box, gutted tube, 4" filter) and this one does spool faster than stock, and it did cool my EGT's by 150* at WOT for the same given situation (same tune, same run, etc.) so it wasn't a total waste (although it will be to some and thats fine) I won't claim anymore HP or fuel mileage but the SOP dyno tells me it is a bit more responsive, so I'm good with it. I did consider just a bit of tube and elbows for the stock intake but no one around where I live could get me the piece I need, and online at Airflo they wanted $10 for the tube and $19 for shipping!!! That to me is a little ludicrous so I nixed that idea. I got this whole intake shipped for $15. There are a few videos on youtube or you can google the Whistler videos and get an idea of what is sounds like (although I think the Whistler is still king for making it whistle)
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 89dieselkong
Ahhh there's always one lol. I wouldn't spend $244 just to hear it whistle either. I was running the "holy grail" of intakes (HD mod on stock box, gutted tube, 4" filter) and this one does spool faster than stock, and it did cool my EGT's by 150* at WOT for the same given situation (same tune, same run, etc.) so it wasn't a total waste (although it will be to some and thats fine) I won't claim anymore HP or fuel mileage but the SOP dyno tells me it is a bit more responsive, so I'm good with it. I did consider just a bit of tube and elbows for the stock intake but no one around where I live could get me the piece I need, and online at Airflo they wanted $10 for the tube and $19 for shipping!!! That to me is a little ludicrous so I nixed that idea. I got this whole intake shipped for $15. There are a few videos on youtube or you can google the Whistler videos and get an idea of what is sounds like (although I think the Whistler is still king for making it whistle)
So you spend $259 shipped because $29 shipped for a tube was outrageous

Not knocking you putting on the intake, just laughing at your logic (and comparing it to some of my own stupid *** things I've done LOL)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Chapter President

Nope...spent $244 shipped. My logic was that is seems silly to spend $20 on shipping for a $10 piece that weighs 1lb. The cost ratio doesn't work for me. I wanted an intake of some sort like the one I have, and $15 for shipping is "ok" by me for a $229 piece that weighs 11lbs.

You can build your own with a short length of 4" tubing and 2 - 90deg. silicone elbows for far cheaper. And removing the inlet baffle, or "silencer ring" as it's better known, from the turbo is free. Sounds great on my dad's '06 with a stock intake box and filter!
Yup, I know I could have. Done it on my last 2 trucks. The stock box with HD mod, 4" filter, gutted tube, and silencer ring MIA doesn't even begin to compare to the sound this makes. I will never argue the flow or filter capabilities of the stock system, because it is a great system, it just didn't make the whistle that I want.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I say if it makes you happy...go for it!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM

Edit...some people.

You're realistic about the expectations for the airbox.
You're a grown man, you can make big-boy decisions on spending your own money.
Good for you, enjoy it!

How is this guy's intake any worse than getting blinged-out wheels, or any other "mod" that serve no purpose other than appearance?

Much like most exhaust mods, he wanted a better sound, so it serves a specific purpose.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Still waiting for the video! I wanna hear it!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Chapter President

Thanks guys, my only problem now is I have a nice powdercoated lime green intake with a dirty engine

I'll see if I can get some video together. At the very least some pictures. Where exactly would I go to find out how to get the video posted?

Boostleak...if you want whistle then I promise you this will deliver. You gotta really want it though, because like the Whistler intake no matter what you do your gonna always hear it
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 PM

You can upload to youtube or to photobucket.

after uploaded to one of those just copy/paste the link here.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Hear it sing

Originally Posted by jimbo486
$244 just to hear the turbo whistle more? I'd pass. You can build your own with a short length of 4" tubing and 2 - 90deg. silicone elbows for far cheaper. And removing the inlet baffle, or "silencer ring" as it's better known, from the turbo is free. Sounds great on my dad's '06 with a stock intake box and filter!
I have a 4" bills custom intake. It looks, sounds, and performs better then expected. Friends can't believe my dodge sings like that with a stock turbo on a dodge. Highly recommend it to anyone. Compared to other intakes it's a great price.