3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interesting Predator info.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting Predator info.

Last week I went to load in the extreme tune and the downloader kept giving me a message that this 'tool is not licsensed...' I was stumped. I had used the tool since July and it worked great everytime. It then told me to reload the original tune - which was the stock tune. I did this, and it worked. I called Diablo and the tech asked me how long it had been since I had used the extreme tune. It had been about 2 months since I had loaded 'tow' and hadnt used it since. He stated that the Dodge predator does not store the original tune in the hand held - it overwrites the original with the tune selected out of the handheld. He stated that the ford and chevy take it out and store it and then reloads every time. The Dodge overwrites and will 'forget' if it isnt used on a regular basis.

He told me to try again (after relaoding original) and it worked just fine.
Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone encountered the same problem.

BTW I asked about updates for the 03-05 and he told me there was one for the predator if your truck has had a re-flash.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
Last week I went to load in the extreme tune and the downloader kept giving me a message that this 'tool is not licsensed...' I was stumped. I had used the tool since July and it worked great everytime. It then told me to reload the original tune - which was the stock tune. I did this, and it worked. I called Diablo and the tech asked me how long it had been since I had used the extreme tune. It had been about 2 months since I had loaded 'tow' and hadnt used it since. He stated that the Dodge predator does not store the original tune in the hand held - it overwrites the original with the tune selected out of the handheld. He stated that the ford and chevy take it out and store it and then reloads every time. The Dodge overwrites and will 'forget' if it isnt used on a regular basis.

He told me to try again (after relaoding original) and it worked just fine.
Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone encountered the same problem.

BTW I asked about updates for the 03-05 and he told me there was one for the predator if your truck has had a re-flash.

That IS interesting about that programmer. Good heads up info
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 PM

sorry about bringing up an old post.. i installed the predator into a o6 ctd after having a bdtd previously ( i made sure that the bullydog was fully taken out not just back to a stock setting i took the whole thing out) the predator loaded great and i put it on extreme and i went to change it maybe about 2 weeks after loading in and it said unknown vin , tool is not licenced.. the programmer will not let me load my stock program back in, im stuck in extreme in the winter time now and im startin to tow the bobcats around for snow removal and i would prefer not to tow with the programmer installed any ideas on how to get my truck back to itself again? thanks for any help guys!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM

I would say try getting hold of Diablo. Everyone says they dont have the best CS so good luck. Please report back what you find out.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 PM

ive sat at nadp for a couple hours while they tried to figure it out.. maybe tomorrow i'll take in in there again and see what they can do for me this time.. i will keep you posted
Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Take it into a local dealership for a reflash that is if you havent had any done lately and their are still non updated tsb's available for your vehicle, most of the time when they do updates they just plug it in and start the program dont look at any parameters ecu has accumulated this will set you back to stock tune and reset starts to zero. I would then swap to smarty and let it keep up with you starts and not worry about warranty issues or customer service. Good luck dealing with diablo they just dont know how to treat their customers.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:26 AM

where do i check for the tsbs? are do i need to prepar to be bent over for the reflash? or is that free?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ask and yee shall receive at DTR

Originally Posted by ram4tow
where do i check for the tsbs? are do i need to prepar to be bent over for the reflash? or is that free?
TSB index below ...

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/index.html
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Should be a minimal maybe $75 fee if your out of warranty or free if in warranty.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:34 PM

If they reflash it with extreme tune on, your predator will be useless. although it dont sound to usefull now. I have change tunes a few time over the past 8 months with mine and never had a glitch.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 PM

truck only has 78ooo kms on it .. one problem tho.. my ebrake light and abs light are always on ever since the predator install.. plus the airbag light flashs on once in a while