3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Injector Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector Quality

I saw an advertisement in a diesel magazine wherein I went to the website. There I found the company speaking of optimal spray pattern angle for my year of truck (2006)... And that they do not make injectors larger than 90 HP (Or maybe it was 100) because of compromising this spray pattern.

I think it may have been the smarty manufacture putting out these injectors.

Anyway, it made me wonder: which manufacturers produce the most reliable and precise injector products?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
F1 is hands down the best.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Why is that?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They are called BBI injectors. Yes, they are put out by the Smarty folks. I am sure they are good injectors but very expensive. Only one company rebuilds them, F1. Exergy will sell you tips and test your injectors. If they fail testing, they will sell you new or rebuilt Bosch injectors.

Not sure what I think about BBI at this time.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Agreed with above I don't doubt BBi are good but I'm not spending what they want. They also do a lot of in house testing and posting pics and results without full disclosure. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure they are good. I just think if you are going to call out others, call them out and give them a chance to return fire.

Anyway
Don at F1 is great people, Ive had his stuff.
Exergy gets good reviews but you ask 5 people what they paid and what percentage injector they were told = what and you will get 5 answers.

Ill pose a third and that's Motorsports Diesel. He has the proper angle nozzles in SAC, and VCO style. He also does testing and his pricing is very fair.

Good luck, Rye.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 AM

I have some pretty good rattle that's going on at low RPM. The injectors I have are 100 HP tips from DPP on reman Bosch cores. Only 40,000 miles.

I want reliability - tight quality control.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
I have some pretty good rattle that's going on at low RPM. The injectors I have are 100 HP tips from DPP on reman Bosch cores. Only 40,000 miles.

I want reliability - tight quality control.
Don't know if that is possible with a modded truck...LOL I have said my peace on CompD about the scare tactics that are being used. Motorsport Diesel was Wicked Diesel (spelling???) from my understanding. Not too sure about him. There are no new injectors anymore. They are all rebuilt. Some folks rave about F1, some about Exergy. Either company will be good. BBI's are just down right expensive and they only make one size for the 04.5 and up trucks. They are about the same price Exergy was charging when buying new injectors with motorsport tips.

I use Don at F1, Tim at TRE as my contact. Tim was great. I had my injectors back in 1 week. Sent them off, 3 flat out failed, 2 were questionable, so I had them all rebuilt. This was with only 87,000 miles on the truck.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
A local shop I use will only install brand new Bosch's anymore unless the customer provides them.
A customer brought some remans in recently to them. Two of the injectors tested at excessive resistance and had to be sent back. Quality control was not there.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Spooler
Motorsport Diesel was Wicked Diesel (spelling???) from my understanding. Not too sure about him.
You are correct sir. Shane can be a little hard to get a hold of but does top notch work.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:44 AM

I got a reply back from Brown Diesel. Super helpful. He told me that most companies just extrude hone the nozzles. Apparently this beats up the seat and causes a little leaking. F1 has a different process that prevents/minimizes this.

So for reliability, to me this makes sense - It sounds like the better option, more care taken in modifying the tips.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 AM

F1 is a great option, the only down side is down time. Don has always been a stand up guy, and I have had good luck with his products.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Will Don sell his tips on new injector bodies?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Motorsport Diesel was Wicked Diesel (spelling???) from my understanding. Not too sure about him.
Pretty flaky individual...the guy flat out lied to me repeatedly including the old "Check is in the mail" dodge to even trying to blame his lies on his wife...

I wouldn't trust him to carry a pail of water 3 feet...
Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
They are called BBI injectors. Yes, they are put out by the Smarty folks. I am sure they are good injectors but very expensive. Only one company rebuilds them, F1. Exergy will sell you tips and test your injectors. If they fail testing, they will sell you new or rebuilt Bosch injectors.

Not sure what I think about BBI at this time.
----------------------------------------------------
Don is a great guy and your right, he does rebuild injectors.

But,.....there are other companies that can and do rebuild injectors. Scheid Diesel and Industrial Injection both do. I know Scheid Diesel does because Dan did a set for me. Scheid Diesel can also order new injectors for our Dodge CTD CR Trucks as they did that for me also. They are a direct Bosch Dealer.

--------
John_P
Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Pretty flaky individual...the guy flat out lied to me repeatedly including the old "Check is in the mail" dodge to even trying to blame his lies on his wife...

I wouldn't trust him to carry a pail of water 3 feet...
I've been on here long enough to know the deal.....

Quick Reply: Injector Quality