3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much Tranny work?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much Tranny work?????

So I have already made the decision on Goerend tranny stuff and Tri-Valley performance to do the install. The ? is how far to go, Dave (Goerend) Erik (Tri-Valley Performance) both state TC, Vb, Strap, And shift enhauncer, nothing else. I really respect both opinions verry much. I just do not want to go back and have more done or somthing let go. I know Erik will check everything and let me know if something is amise, but should I go with more.I do not see myself getting in the 600 HP anytime soon but would like to add a little more horseeees down the road. Has anyone done the above and it let loose or was right back to do more. I do not race, have never done a boosted launch and have 19000 on the truck right know. I guess this is pre buyers remorse. What would you do. I know you get what you pay for but where is that line.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:24 PM

I also talked to Erik last week after I picked up my truck from the AD150 install, and he also said that VB/TC and VB accessories are all that is needed for mild HP over stock, and since you and I have about the same milage I would tend to go with what they said.

As soon as I have the extra$$$$$ I will be visiting Erik again to do my trans work, he and all the guys @ TVP are very knowledgeable and I trust them 100% with my $40,000 investment!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You can get away with it depending on how much you pull. If over 20,000 lbs gross weight you will need a billet input shaft. I could have gotten away with not having one but I pull horses and have a wife. So, that means I better not break down. Plus, another 650 for a billet shaft is cheap compaired to the " I told you So" from the wife and tow bill. I elected to save my money and do it all at once. That was last year and my parts should be in this week.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Any Body Else.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM

I would have to agree ...BILLET INPUT SHAFT...while the tranny is out
if the stock input snaps after all that work its going to ruin your TC
Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 PM

I had the same combo put into my tranny. If you hold to your guns on avoiding high boost launches and tow what you have been, you should be fine. You're gonna love it

Another thumbs up for Erik at TVP!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:48 PM

i just put my goerend tranny in this weekend. triple-disc converter, billet input, and his built internal components. very nice tranny. ended up calling him a couple times on a SATURDAY to see if things were done right and report to him how the tranny was working and such. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

im very happy with the tranny, OD hits hard and firm like it should.l each shift you can feel its getting there and its pretty firm. i can change my tramnny line prrssure on the fly too so its a fun new addition. honestly i dont have my smarty on my truck and im running basic mods- intake and exhaust. it feels like i have the 90 hp setting on there, just how by how fast it gets up and goes through the gears. def a nice addition to the truck
Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

the up side of ordering a billet input is you no longer have to buy the lifetime warranty converter, nothing else could break it but the input shaft. I would ahve him be at the ready with bands as well, might be surprised that they are shot when he has it apart. I just did mine last week and love it so far, I also threw money at the flex plate for peace of mind. Good thing you are sitting down, I just helped you spend an extra thousand dollars !