3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much power do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod List. How much power?

Ok, thanks to everyone who has helped me with all my questions. I think I have my list together. Not sure on brand on the flexplate, shaft, or manifold yet, but it should be easy to pick one. Here is my list of mods I plan on doing (some I already have, seen in my signature). Just curious if someone has the same or close set up and how much HP it may make. And, will this stuff be reliable. It is a daily driver and I don't go to the track (yet) and will never pull sleds. I do tow sometimes (car hauler with my Jeep on it and my boat). It's all just for playing around.

HTT 64/65/13SS , Flux 1/40HP, MP-8, Edge Juice w/ Attitude-Hot Unlock, S&B Intake, Georend TC/VB/Flexplate/Shaft, Air Dog 100, Exhaust Manifold, No CAT, Donaldson Muffler

P.S. Is there anything else I would HAVE to have to make this list of stuff work?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM

If it was me I would go for the Air Dog 150 pump and then get guages with smarty POD.I just got the smarty and WOW it is nice.The edge juice w/att hot unlock will not be forgotten though.I got alot more power,smoother power from the smarty.That thing is the dodge programmer.I know you can use the guage from the edge and let the smarty do the work but consider the boost side of the edge goes to about 38 to 40 lbs of boost if that.i found that I like the guages better then the screen alot more reliable.Get that smarty and go have some fun.Just my opinion brother.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM

The problem with the programmer is that you cannot change it on the fly. So, if you want to play, then you have to pull over and make changes with the controler, right? I like the fact that if I want to play then all I have to do is push a button.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Should make 550 plus I think.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Gonna be right in the 540-550 range.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rock crawler
The problem with the programmer is that you cannot change it on the fly. So, if you want to play, then you have to pull over and make changes with the controler, right? I like the fact that if I want to play then all I have to do is push a button.

The Smarty is being delivered in POD mode. It is adjustable on the fly. But not trying to push you on it, Edge is a good product too. I was thinking you would get 525-550hp depending on circumstances with this setup, maybe even a little more. I think you will be very happy with your choices. I love my AD100 and believe it would be all you need for your setup, but the AD150 being only 10 bucks more would be a better choice, it will support more.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by rock crawler

nope... you need to look into the Smarty PoD. Adjustable Smarty

Also go with an AFE, they flow the most out of all the filter setups out there. Also make sure it isn't the sealed type, they don't flow as well as the open style.

As for the Flexplate, go with a BD billet. As for the tranny stuff, you can't go wrong with Dave's stuff.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by rip 112
The Smarty is being delivered in POD mode. It is adjustable on the fly. But not trying to push you on it, Edge is a good product too. I was thinking you would get 525-550hp depending on circumstances with this setup, maybe even a little more. I think you will be very happy with your choices. I love my AD100 and believe it would be all you need for your setup, but the AD150 being only 10 bucks more would be a better choice, it will support more.
Cool, I did not know that. I might have to check into it. Thanks! I'll have to see what's in my budget. All this stuff is adding up quick. I NEED MORE POWER!!! HEHE Oh, here is pic of my truck, what do ya think?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by chrleb1
nope... you need to look into the Smarty PoD. Adjustable Smarty

Also go with an AFE, they flow the most out of all the filter setups out there. Also make sure it isn't the sealed type, they don't flow as well as the open style.

As for the Flexplate, go with a BD billet. As for the tranny stuff, you can't go wrong with Dave's stuff.
I already have a S&B cold air intake, had it for a while now. Will not be able to afford to change it out.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 AM

Man rock crawler your truck is clean! I love 2wds with some good looks, they are a less common commodity here on the forums. Everyone wants to be macho and have 4wds Lol. I wouldn't give up my 2wd, and it probably sees more mud than some 4wds here too. Rock on!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 AM

Man rock crawler your truck is clean! I love 2wds with some good looks, they are a less common commodity here on the forums. Everyone wants to be macho and have 4wds Lol. I wouldn't give up my 2wd, and it probably sees more mud than some 4wds here too. Rock on!!!
Thanks! I thought about a 4WD, but I have the Jeep for that stuff. Plus, it fits in my garage all nice and safe at night.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 AM
tcr

THe AWD sure helps get down the track pretty quick too, it's not all about the mud
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Yea Tom I know! But I guess I'm down to the original roots when it was the bad muscle cars burnin it up in 2wd. I just like the stance of a 2wd when its like mine

I don't believe I have problems with traction. The duras grip hard for me. My truck just squats hard, that's all.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 AM
tcr

Yea Tom I know! But I guess I'm down to the original roots when it was the bad muscle cars burnin it up in 2wd. I just like the stance of a 2wd when its like mine

I don't believe I have problems with traction. The duras grip hard for me. My truck just squats hard, that's all.

Oh, I know, I'm just desperately coming up w/ other reasons to own 4WDs
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Oh honestly when I got this truck if I could afford a 4wd I would ve got a 4wd dually, but I couldn't afford that.