3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to install projector / halo fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to install projector / halo fog lights

I bought the projector/halo fog lights off ebay as both mine were cracked.

Of coarse one was broke in shipping so month-half later for replacement I am out in the garage installing them.

They were advertised as plug and play but of coarse there are two wires not part of the OEM harness. Looks like these are for the halo outer ring (led I think). What do I connect these too ??? I think people with halo headlights were splicing into the turn signal or similar ... do the same ??? Of coarse no instructions included.

Just curious, why are these seperate power supply ... I assume different V or W ???
Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

You splice the halo's into your parking lamp wires. Dunno wire colors though.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:24 AM

I just installed my LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS on Saturday. For the LED's, I tapped the park/turn signal bulb wiring harness. Power would be the center wire and ground would be the black wire.

These light are great and a must do mod. Ebay has them under $170. They look great and are much better lights that the stock assemblies. I can now see where I'm going.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM

Sorry, a little confused ...

Should the LED ring light be on while the main fog light projector lamp is on or are they only meant to be on when the fog light is off and the headlight is on for "show" ???
Old 11-01-2006, 09:15 PM

I think it's your choice. Just have to wire accordingly. With the projector headlights the are on with just the park lights and also with the headlights.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned

bob, thats the version ive been looking at.
you say they light the road much beter?
do they have seperat hi/lo aim?
you dont by any chance have better pics of the back and or installed etc do you?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by gus's 03
bob, thats the version ive been looking at.
you say they light the road much beter?
do they have seperat hi/lo aim?
you dont by any chance have better pics of the back and or installed etc do you?
Yes, they do light up the road much better including the high beams. The Hi/Lo beams are seperate bulbs and they came pre-adjusted for the stock truck and work great. There are adjustments on the back, but they would be a pain to get at to adjust them.

Install is a piece of cake, the headlights plug right into the stock wiring harness, then you hook up the LED's as I explained above.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:24 AM

Do you have any pictures of the lights installed on the truck yet??? Also the blinkers look like they might not be very bright, or is the size decieving in the picture??? They look great in the photo, but I would like to see them on the truck and the price is very good...

How about a day shot and then a night shot with just the leds and halos on...

Thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

get some pics with them in ur truck
Old 11-07-2006, 09:43 PM

Come on Big Bob lets see these things on your truck....
Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 PM

My computer is on the blink at home. I've got some pictures, I will try and upload them tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:16 AM

I actually went ahead after talking to some people and just spliced the halo/ring light wiring right back into the wires that power the main bulb of the fog light. The down side is the ring light only comes on when the main fog light bulb is on as others mentioned but it is still clearly visible and does look cool. The LED ring light will not draw more than it needs so there is no harm in hooking it directly to the main bulb power ... I guess they just dont do it to give you the option to run them elsewhere to have only the ring light on. For those that are discussing the halo headlights, adding the halo fog lights would really complete the package.

I can say that I think the stock fog lights were brighter than these by far but they do throw a bit more light evenely and further out to the sides. Very high quality housing compared to stock and also a glass cover rathe rthan plastic which I am confident melted on mine as I always run the fog lights as night.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by twvette
I actually went ahead after talking to some people and just spliced the halo/ring light wiring right back into the wires that power the main bulb of the fog light. The down side is the ring light only comes on when the main fog light bulb is on as others mentioned but it is still clearly visible and does look cool.
If the Halo wires are seperate from the fog lamps, you can run them off your parking/running lights the way I explained above. Then they would be on whenever the parking/running lights are on.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Here are a few pictures of the Projector headlights:

Lights off:

Park light on:

Full front end shot:

Night shot:

Night shot no flash:

Close up night shot park light only:

Close up night shot with headlights on:

All I can say is that I really like them and they work better than the factory headlights IMO.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 AM

Thanks BB the signal light is alot brighter than I thought... The one thing I never liked about my truck is that the blinker lights are not easily seen from different directions because the headlight kind of drowns it out. But these don't look to have that problem... They look great on your truck, I wonder if they would look as good on a truck that is other wise stock on the outside (no fancy bumpers, etc.)...

Quick Reply: How to install projector / halo fog lights