3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Honest opinion of Edge Juice/Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest opinion of Edge Juice/Attitude

Anyone running the Juice and Attitude on an 04.5-05 6spd? What do you think of it?

I recently priced a few power adders and a juice and attitude is cheaper than a smarty junior and pyro/boost guages.....think i am going to go with it. Just wanting to see how this chip works on a manual....what do you all think?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 AM

Just my opinion..... They run way too hot for the hp they make.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:30 AM

I ran one on my 05 6spd that I had. that was the first thing I did to it. if you want a little more power over stock and arent interested in big power its a great box that will back down and cut back power etc. if you want big power and to be able to outrun/outpull everyone, its the wrong choice. from what ive seen edge makes a nice product just nothing with brutal power
Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 AM

I have one on my 04.5 6 speed. It was on the truck when I bought it. It works great. People on here say it doesn't make as much power as other tuners but I don't care. I would have left the truck stock if I had bought it new.

Everything on it works great I monitor boost, pyro, water temp, and outside air. I drive on level 3 runs fine and it does wake the truck up. I don't need anymore than that.

More power means more broken, life shortened parts. I like owning my truck I don't want it to own me. Years ago my truck was my recreation so it didn't matter what it cost or what it needed or I wanted for it I bought it.

But I do like to read about the guys that are hotrodding their rigs and more POWER to them!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Banned

Smarty Sr. (period)
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM

Wink

WOW...only took 4 posts for the Smarty to get mentioned...even though the question was about Edge.

I`ve never had an Edge , so I couldn`t say....and I won`t tell you to get a TST,PPE,Bully Dog etc.....
Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran a Juice/Attitude for close to a year. For a moderate performance box it worked great for me. No problems, no codes and ETs were not really a problem. It dyno'd about 90hp over stock which is about what it claims.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM

I ran one on my auto for over 3 years with no problems. Started with the standard Juice w/Attitude then upgraded to the HOT version. It makes good reliable power with the ability to adjust on the fly. Temps get higher quicker then with the Smarty but as with any power adder you need to watch the gauges. If your just looking for some extra power for towing or a little playing around it's a good choice.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 AM

I started with edge, went to bullydog and went back to edge. I like the way that edge makes power with the hot code even though the bullydog was faster in the quarter mile on my truck. I also preferred the edge monitor over the bullydog outlook. Whatever you buy will work well it is mostly a personal preference.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM

I think the edge works fine but I have had nothing but problems with all the ones I have had and sold. My 04 is on edge number 5 Yes the fifth time edge has replaced it or fixed it. Most of the problems with that truck where with the Injector part of the controller. On my o7 with the 6.7 Im on my third replacement all Mine on this one have been mapsensor related, the last time I got a complete new one, so far no problems wit this. I am going to go with the smarty when they come out and just use the edge for Monotors.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Thumbs up

I've had my Juice w/ A2 monitor on for 50000 miles now with no problems.
It threw some codes at first... but I think that had to do with me unplugging the MAP while it was running...
No codes now and runs great.
I baby mine due to still having stock 48RE in place, usually run it on 3/1.
Getting 19-20mpg hand calc'd.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Good box for mile power and "safety" features. I've had mine for a year and liked it. I did "upgrade" to a smarty, but still have the Edge JA for now. Very good starter box or long-term box if you're looking for milder power increases (I do NOT have the Hot Unlock on mine). Never really noticed an EGT problem, but then again I don't tow much and never dynoed, pulled a sled or hot rodded it.

Thomas
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM

I would say get that Juice! I don't have a 6 speed but I do have an 04.5. It wakes the truck up pretty good, but also is pretty safe with all the gauges and built in back-downs.

I lot of people say the Juice runs hot but I can barely get mine to 1200 degrees. I don't know if this is because I have opened up my intake and exhaust some or what.

Also, for those who say you can't get that much power out of a Juice, the 04.5 Hot unlock is good for 180 hp and 440 lbs torque. At the rear wheels. That is a lot.

I will say this though. I don't think it helps much with mpg's.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by JDiepstra

I lot of people say the Juice runs hot but I can barely get mine to 1200 degrees. I don't know if this is because I have opened up my intake and exhaust some or what.
I'll second that about it running hot... I have to really try to get it up over 1200 deg...
My buddy runs the same truck except he has a TST box and sees 1200+ in between stoplights...
I would call the Edge a "safe" box with a decent step up in power...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM

My buddies tell me it will smoke like a freight train on the higher settings? Is that right because it seems like most on here just consider it a mild power increase

Quick Reply: Honest opinion of Edge Juice/Attitude