3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Quad

I thought I would anoy you instead of Stan, how soon are the monitors coming out?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
They are real close to shipping the monitors, I have set up a deal with Quad for any of you guys that don't want to wait... I can sell you one of the beta units, it will function the same as the finished product minus the usb port for future updates.

Use it for the next month or so, then when the new ones are ready you can ship it back to Quad and he will replace it with the new full blown version. let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Do we have any kind of a cost on the new monitors? I have been holding off on buying gauges until I see what I can get a monitor for, compared to 3 gauges.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Retail is $399.00 and if you bought an xzillaraider product in the past year, you will be able to get a 15% off coupon to go with it
Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Lary, is that 15% off if you bought an xzillaraider product from any dealer or if you bought one from the store here on DTR?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:34 PM

The 15% is a customer loyalty program. You can get it if you bought the module from anywhere and you can use the discount anywhere that is a participating dealer. I am not aware of any non-participating dealers, but I am sure one will pop up!

We do not have the page up yet, but it works off of serial#'s. You punch your info and serial number in and you get a coupon or certificate, whatever you want to call it.

Quad
Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by nwjetboat
Lary, is that 15% off if you bought an xzillaraider product from any dealer or if you bought one from the store here on DTR?
It should be ONLY for DTR customers....but we will honor it no matter where you bought it
Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM

Well I got a post card Saturday for my Quad box saying my warranty was getting ready to expire so I hope I can get a monitor before it does and get the 15% discount. And this will work with the XZT box? Is there anything extra you have to buy to make it all work or does the $399 come with everything I would need? In other words do you get the monitor and then have to get a pyro probe, fuel pressure sender, etc.?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:42 PM

The warranty does not matter. It does not matter when you bought it as long as it is/was before April 1st. This is just sort of a thank you to our existing customers that patiently waited for the monitor. The discount will be good until May 1st I believe.

The gauge comes with everything you need to do the main functions of the gauge. The thermocouple and tranny temp sender is included. The fuel pressure kit is an add on and comes with the harness to do Rail Pressure and RPM as well. I do not have final pricing on that because we are waiting on finalized pricing on the severe duty sender with isolator in it. We tested the standard fuel pressure sender for months with no failures, but I am still scared of it. I would rather it cost a few more bucks and never break.

The price for the fuel pressure kit is expected to be under $100 so we will see what happens. There will most likely not be a map price as well, so I am sure it will be sold for a little cheaper. The kit includes the sender, harness and a stainless steel banjo fitting with the washers needed to install it, so it is a very complete kit.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the quick response and information Quad. I really only want EGT temps, boost and fuel pressure. I would like to get the monitor but I can wait until the unit with the USB port comes out. Larry if I give you call tomorrow can I go ahead and place my order and you can ship me a monitor with the USB port when they come in? I would like to get one to take advantage of the discount. This sounds like a much better setup than the three seperate guages. Thanks again guys for your help.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Hunter11
Thanks for the quick response and information Quad. I really only want EGT temps, boost and fuel pressure. I would like to get the monitor but I can wait until the unit with the USB port comes out. Larry if I give you call tomorrow can I go ahead and place my order and you can ship me a monitor with the USB port when they come in? I would like to get one to take advantage of the discount. This sounds like a much better setup than the three seperate guages. Thanks again guys for your help.
Sure Hunter I would be happy to do that for you
Old 03-13-2006, 07:03 PM

Will give you a call tomorrow morning. Thanks once again.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM

I'ma callin too, Larry.

How much more can Quad do? I wonder if DC will give all current customers 15% off THIER NEXT DC? Hell, let Quad run DC!

Last edited by koogala; 03-13-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-14-2006, 08:46 PM

Any thing new added to this list?

Originally Posted by qzilla
I am here, off and on. What would you like to know? We are pretty close, but mainly waiting on plastics. While we are getting plastics finished we have added a bunch of stuff though! I will give a short run down and you can see if I missed something you needed to know.

Monitors:

EGT
Boost
Transmission (external sender)
Fuel Pressure ( Low side with sender)
Rail Pressure
Engine Coolant
RPM

It has data logging capabilities (not sure what we are doing with it all yet).

It will work with our modules by allowing you to adjust power levels and set de-fueling parameters.

It will also work with almost any other module on the market ie. Van Aaken. You will be able to adjust the power levels and set defueling parameters as well.

It will also be able to control 2 modules at once ie. Xzillaraider and VA.

You can set all sorts of warnings as well for all parameters measured except maybe RPM because why would you really want a warning?

You can put the monitor into cold engine protection mode and it will not allow the module to add power until the vehicle is up to operating temp and it can also be set to completely defuel if the temperature gets too hot.

It has a really large screen in a small package. The screen is 70mmX40mm. Just to give you an idea the Attitude is 50mmX25mm.
You can also see a comparison here.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...itor-1205.html

The backlight is adjustable and right now it is a white backlight.

You can set the screen to show 1,2,3, or 4 parameters at once. We havea custom screen that lets you choose any 4 parameters you want to watch in any window.

It has recall functions of the highest or lowest (which ever is significant for that parameter).

You can change the screen on the fly anytime you want.

You can set to defuel based on a single or multiple parameters. IE. EGT and BOOST.

I think that is most of the stuff it does although I am sure I left something out.

It is all working and mostly ready once we have something to put it in!

We are supposed to get some screenshots up on the web later today. When they are up I will post that link.

Ask away!

Quad
qzilla - do you have any new info to add to this list?

I was wondering if the Commander will track 1/4 mile times.. Or maybe it could be a feature that can be upgraded through a download later on... It's one of those things that I don't need but wouldn't mind having...

Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 PM

I think the only things that has really changed from what you quoted above is that you can put any parameter in any position on the 1,2,3 and 4 function displays. You can completely customize what you want to see.

Right now you cannot do the 1/4 mile times because we are not using any of the OBD2 data. To calculate the 1/4 mile you baically watch vehicle speed and when it moves you start counting. You basically use that info to calculate a 1/4 mile and then you show the max speed encountered in the 1/4 mile span and show how long it took. This is pretty accurate as long as your speedo reads correctly. If you have large tires or do not input the correct tire size into the gauge then the calculation can be skewed.

With that said there is a plan to be able to monitor the real time data at a later date and I am sure we will offer this as an option. We are also planning to be able to read and erase DTC's. This is the plan, but not set in stone.

The idea behind this monitor system was to compile all of the useful parameters that you may want real gauges for and put them into one easy to use monitor. This makes it more economical for the user as well. Now I am not saying the other monitors don't offer useful info, but some of the stuff is fluff and there is not a lot you can or need to do about it. We tried to combine the things that we considered vital info. The only real reason we have RPM is for data logging. Using RPM gives the logged data something to be compared against. The only other thing we could compare against is time and that is ok in some instances, but not in others.

Every thing else is all ready, but we are waiting on some things to finalize like the USB downloads, FP sender and some of the additional module controls. We can control everything right now, but we are trying to make it very simple to do for the user. Don't get me wrong it is plug and play, but with all the choices it makes for a lot of options and combinations and we are trying to simplify that.

Quick Reply: Hey Quad