3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

H2 rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambunctious1
I already went to the Hummer dealer. They're charging $1300 for a set of takeoffs with tires. Are you kidding me? Ridiculous. I guess that's what you get when you live in south Orange County. Everything's a rip off down here.
I always heard the cost of living was higher in CA, but that's crazy! Just be patient and keep an eye on eBay. Long as you take your time and wait for the right deal, you can buy them at the right price.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 AM

I just bought a set of Chrome H2 wheels w/ the tires new take offs for 700 bucks in nor cal dropped off at the machine shop going to pick up on tuesday night. Need get a leveling kit on by then.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by nitis
I just bought a set of Chrome H2 wheels w/ the tires new take offs for 700 bucks in nor cal dropped off at the machine shop going to pick up on tuesday night. Need get a leveling kit on by then.
That's a pretty good deal I think. How much are you getting charged for the machining? I found that a normal machine shop was more expensive than a CNC shop. I found a CNC shop that's gonna do mine for $125. I'm taking them in on Monday.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 AM

Post some pics when you are mounted..I want to see.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:09 AM

Will do. Tires got here yesterday. I'm chompin' at the bit here.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just wanted to pass on some info I got from another member on the board that worked out well for me. Instead of cutting down your caps to accomadate the different backspacing, you can attach a second set of lugnuts to your studs. The width of the difference in backspacing is about the same as the width of the lugnut. The cap will press on and attach perfectly. See edonald's photos here...

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/edonald849/

I had a local wheel shop do the machining on their lathe for $15 a wheel. Try to find a wheel shop that does wheel repair and custom applications, they should be able to do the work for less than a machine shop.

Rambunctious1...It is a bit of a drive, but this is the shop that did it for me in Montclair, CA. It is about an hour drive for you. Talk to Fred. http://dandbwheels.com/
Old 04-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike67RS
I just wanted to pass on some info I got from another member on the board that worked out well for me. Instead of cutting down your caps to accomadate the different backspacing, you can attach a second set of lugnuts to your studs. The width of the difference in backspacing is about the same as the width of the lugnut. The cap will press on and attach perfectly. See edonald's photos here...

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/edonald849/
The man is a genius! There are probably 50 guys with H2 rims slapping their foreheads and yelling "Why didn't I think of that?!!"
Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 AM

Costing me $100 then Schwab going to charge me 250 for the leveler I am having them machined to 4.775 since someone said that 4.774 was very snug does this sound good from those with experience or should I call and change my order. Especially since these lugs and holes appear ro be tapered and if you put custom wheels on they would not be hubcentric. So I think I am good. But the hrome ones I got look sharp. I liked the others i saw but I got a white truck so almost have to go with chrome. One dealer told me he was gettin 2k for a set of these. Either way I got a good deal 700 for the tires is a deal.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:47 PM

I think I ended up going 4.8 on my wheels. I had the guy do one 4.774 as called for and it seemed a little tight. I know how aluminum and steel like to bond with each other, so to avoid problems later, I had them machined out a little bigger.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mike67RS
Rambunctious1...It is a bit of a drive, but this is the shop that did it for me in Montclair, CA. It is about an hour drive for you. Talk to Fred. http://dandbwheels.com/
That's awesome, thanks man. I'm gonna give D&B a call tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:45 PM

WETSPIRIT, what brand of holesaw did you use? I noticed some have larger teeth and some have smaller(more) teeth for cutting metal.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Just installed my H2s and no leveling kit looks tough definately helped lengthen out my gears (6 speed) snd over all ride is better not to mention the look. Will proly pu leveler on later no need right now. What is the best resource for lugnuts without breakin the bank. Going to the dealer tomarrow to get reflashed for hard start and am going to try and have them re cal the speedo can they do this the writer was unsure I do not want them pullin one over on me.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by nitis
That was a great deal for chrome ones.
I bid over 900 for a set on Ebay, was high bidder but diod not meet the reserve. Plus I woulda had to add 200 for shipping (not to mention taxes at the border to Canada). Good for you! (Please let me know if more are available for that price)

Curios, why did you get a levelling kit? The thing I like about those wheels is you can run 315's without one, especially with the 'death wobble' issues...
Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 PM

I just put H2's and 315's on my 06 (pics in gallery) and will be putting the leveling kit on this weekend. Ill update with new pics afterwards. I ordered bilstein's but theyre on back order. I just need to find someone who will sell me some silver dodge center caps (im not getting em from the dealer). Ive got the hummer ones up front but want to put the dodge ones all the way around.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 PM

So time for an update. Rims are done being machined. Picked 'em up yesterday. I had the guy bore out the rim to fit the stock center cap as well. He charged me an extra 75 stones. 200 stones total for the whole thing. I figured that wasn't a bad deal for some serious CNC work. The only problem is that I'm not sure how I'm gonna get the center cap off again once it goes on. The thing sinks down in there pretty far. Well past the little notch where you pop it off with a screw driver. Has anybody had experience with this? What did you do to get the center cap out again? Rims are currently getting powder coated. Once my shocks get here and the leveling kit goes on, I'll post pics.

Quick Reply: H2 rims