3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Goerend tranny . . . others?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desertchecker
depends on a few things, if you tie a HD tow rope to a telephone pole and try to rip the pole out of the ground by boost launching on hard dry pavement the answer probably should be IMO ZERO
HAHAHA you heard that story too huh? I thought it was a tree though? anyways, Nick, I'll tell them you said hey.

Dont forget NADP, they make a good trans as well...getting ahold of them is another story. Those were my 2 choices back in the day when i got my trans, no answer from NADP, Marianne and Dusty said bring it up (5 hours) tomorrow. I had an exploded input shaft which took out the ATS converter and front pump...so basically I had alot of junk, and it was my DD, so they got me in next day...GREAT experience!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
I'll hook you up Pauly

All right! When mine finally takes a dump or I fall into several thousand dollars I'll be calling you!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Torque master
Who Has the Best Warranty in the Industry???
DAVE GOEREND HAS THE BEST NO QUESTION ABOUT IT !!!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I just wish one of them was on the west coast!
Richard Brown ( REB ) is on West Coast and sales DAVE GOEREND TRANS and CONVERTERS. 559-355-4433 Thanks Steve B.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Who Has the Best Warranty in the Industry???
-----------------------
ATS'S warranty is for three years, 150,000 miles.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 PM

" Girl 'S "
Old 01-31-2008, 03:00 PM

i just ordered from dave goerend today w/ no problems getting through to him. after deciding to stay away from boosted launches at the track for now i ended up only going w/ a TC, VB, shift enhancer and shift lever pkg.

we decided stay w/ the stock flexplate for now and keep that the weak link incase something decides to break (usually a broken flexplate does no other damage as opposed to an input shaft breaking). later down the road when this trans is ready for a rebuild and im ready to make alot more power and see alot more tracktime, then will be the time to add a billet flexplate and shafts into the mix.

the TC has a lifetime warranty and dave is setting it up for my application by making it tighter than stock. the VB will also be setup for my application and the shift enhancer provides different user adjustable settings tow, race, etc. dave is also sending me a test gauge to test pressure on the 2-3 shift as he mentioned sometimes the motors will be clocked wrong from the factory and cause a flare between the 2-3 shift. so he is including the gauge for me to test w/ and then ship back to him w/ my core parts. i thought that was very helpful as well. he took a great deal of time to explain everything to me once again and i would recomend him to anyone.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
" Girl 'S "
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey Torque master, what is your post supposed to mean anyway??? Just curious........................................... ............................

---------
John_P
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM

getting ATS to honor that warranty is another story though...dont forget the shipping charges you'll pay if something goes..
Old 01-31-2008, 05:55 PM

Ghost Ram, you mean broken input shaft like this??
It did a little more than just take out the input shaft.

destroyed front pump

twisted splines in the ATS converter

Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM

yup, thats exactly why we decided to keep the stock flexplate, that way the flexplate will be the weak link to break instead of the input shaft. dave said when the flexplate breaks it does very little damage if any, well except for the broken flexplate

he said the 06's have better shafts from the factory then the older models due to the heat treating process being upgraded. but they can still break so until i upgrade to billet shafts i will be running a stock flexplate as a "fuse" between the engine and the trans
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 PM

Dusty at HTS has treated me so well on his warranty long term LOL.....that I feel guilty even talking about it......... nuff said

I have heard great things about dave goerend , but I remain loyal to dusty & maryann at HTS for the solid warranty, service, performance & family like treatment ............... I would not know what better is !

always nice to have people out there like HTS & Goerend

good friendly competition and great people makes us all better !
Old 02-01-2008, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker
Dusty at HTS has treated me so well on his warranty long term LOL.....that I feel guilty even talking about it......... nuff said

I have heard great things about dave goerend , but I remain loyal to dusty & maryann at HTS for the solid warranty, service, performance & family like treatment ............... I would not know what better is !

always nice to have people out there like HTS & Goerend

good friendly competition and great people makes us all better !
x2 on that one man!!

Ghost Ram, I dont know about the difference in shaft hardness between years, i will ask Dusty today if he's heard anything?
By the way, that was busted shaft was with stock EVERYTHING except VB, 3.8 lever, and ATS 5 star.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by revolution_dsl
x2 on that one man!!

Ghost Ram, I dont know about the difference in shaft hardness between years, i will ask Dusty today if he's heard anything?
By the way, that was busted shaft was with stock EVERYTHING except VB, 3.8 lever, and ATS 5 star.

so the stock shaft gave out before the stock flexplate? what year was that shaft from and what were you doing when it broke? also how many miles were on it? the stock shafts become stressed over years of use and weaken as they get older. im hoping to have better luck w/ my shafts having only 20k on them and im not planning on any boosted launches......hopefully

the company that manufactures the stock shafts has changed there heat treatment process recently. the old process actually caused the shafts to bend during the treatment and then would have to be restraightened. this obviously made them a little weaker after straightening them. that supposedly isnt the case anylonger so the new shafts are stronger than the older ones.

Quick Reply: Goerend tranny . . . others?