3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Goerend tranny . . . others?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:55 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Price_Dog
Sounds like the thing to do is to call Dave up and talk with him about it. It doesn't sound like he'll steer me wrong, whatever way I end up going. I should probably go ahead and call him now, however, since it seems like it'll be a while before anything happens with the tranny. I'd really like to just be able to take my truck up there and let him do the work. The tranny that's in the truck now is dang near new, so if he worked with it there shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thomas
If the tranny is that new, you can do a tc/vb swap and call it a day. Call Dave about it as there are a few other parts upgrades you need to do too...
Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by coolslice
I've always wondered why Goerend is so popular on this board but in the magazines and with people who race and pull on the professional level his name never shows up?

I'd say it has something to do with sponsorship money, but still, even in the readers rigs you just never see a Goerend equipped truck?
Dave is a small shop in the mid west, the others are big places with lots of staff etc. Dave does not spponsor as far as I know. You guys do need to give them time to call you back, Dave and Les answer all the calls and make the recommendations. You might get Kathy, but she just answers the phone to take messages!!

Please keep in mind that the people who have problems take priority over those looking for quotes, quotes can usually wait, but if you are broken down Dave will get back to you ASAP.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Dave is a small shop in the mid west, the others are big places with lots of staff etc. Dave does not spponsor as far as I know. You guys do need to give them time to call you back, Dave and Les answer all the calls and make the recommendations. You might get Kathy, but she just answers the phone to take messages!!

Please keep in mind that the people who have problems take priority over those looking for quotes, quotes can usually wait, but if you are broken down Dave will get back to you ASAP.
--------------
Phil:

I am almost sure that Dave Goerend IS sponsoring or at least helping out one of the DHRA Quick Diesel Pickups owned by Jim Layton out of Wisconsin.
He has a 2WD Dodge CTD 12 valve.

-------
John_P
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one of the last 2 Diesel Power Challenges in Diesel Power, there was a guy from Westminster, MD, with a 98 - 02 red Dodge 3500 with a full billet Goerend in it.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:34 AM

Goerend Trans

My 2-nd Goerend Trans and could not be happier, you will not find a better Comapny to deal with A-1 Service A-1 Product.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:23 AM

I am 7500 miles away from Iowa and needed a good trans. I went with Goerend because he was recommended by many on this forum along with DTT and HTS. I just called Dave first and got him right away, told him what I wanted to do and ordered a trans. He called me back a couple times updating me on the progress even though there is a 16 hr time difference. I couldn't be happier with the transaction.

Last edited by Sinbadd; 01-30-2008 at 02:59 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 AM

I went with Goerend for two reasons, 1 was all the glowing reviews from people using his stuff, and two he and the dealer of his I talked to were the only ones to even reply back to my emails. Suncoast,HTS,and the others wouldnt even give me the time of day.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 AM

i just spoke w/ dave last week and he answered the phone himself the first time i called. i was planning on ordering a fully built trans from him but after i told him exactly what i wanted to do (street,strip,light towing), he said all i needed was a TC, VB, FP, lever kit, shift enhancer and recomended billet input and output for boosted 4x4 launches at the track.

dave told me that my 06' 48re already had all the heavy duty goodies (clutches, bands, etc.) in it from the factory and if i had him build me a trans he would just be installing the same parts i already had. and i only have 20k miles on the tans so why rebuild it.

im getting ready to order everything except the shafts and install everything myself. i decided against the shafts and i will just have to keep it in 2wd while at the track.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 PM

when you've got an HTS trans, you're like family. I get fed beer and pizza everytime i go up there, and i get to go again friday
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM

revolution dsl please tell dusty & maryann that nick from big power in california said hello !

I second dusty & HTS

dusty will be doing my transmission up again very shortly

dusty and maryann at HTS are very honest and fair people HTS transmission work is A+++ the transmissions work excellent

once you are a customer with HTS they treat you like family

I will be doing business with HTS for as long as they are in business !

HTS customer for life here
Old 01-30-2008, 08:55 PM

I have Herd great Things about Dusty @ HTS Too, Another Solid Custom Built Dodge High HP Automatic Transmision Builders., So you have Goerend Trans , HTS Trans , DTT Trans , and then there is ATS & BD Trans.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM

Who Has the Best Warranty in the Industry???
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 PM

I just wish one of them was on the west coast!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 AM

depends on a few things, if you tie a HD tow rope to a telephone pole and try to rip the pole out of the ground by boost launching on hard dry pavement the answer probably should be IMO ZERO

dusty at HTS was giving 50,000 miles on his transmissions but he treats most of his customers like family so figure it out for yourself
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 AM

Hts has the shortest warranty, at least of those I looked at. ATS has the longest in miles, Goerend has the best TC warranty. Its not an easy choice but really boils down to your decision. We all went the way we went for different reasons and it seems most of us are very happy with our decisions. I went with Goerend, even though I dont have it installed yet, so far the customer service has been top notch.

Quick Reply: Goerend tranny . . . others?