3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Floor-It stage 2 problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds more fatal. I wonder why a stuck piston would cause it to be trash. I guess if he says so I believe it but it just seems sooo severe and heart breaking. Like a half run over pup. Tries to get up and then lays down.

Sorry man no joking matter.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel pressure is showing 21psi.Filter was changed less a month ago.I wish it was something that simple.When I say start and run and then die,this whole process is less than 20 sec at an idle.Ramps to 7k when cranked,holds good for 5 or so seconds, then starts a slow decent till it dies.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
DTR Advertiser

I like to start with the simple stuff first. It sure has the symtoms of a weak lift pump system. Dont get me wrong, I believe ya, I was just trying to cover that first.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 AM

I would ask john if that pump is trash and hes gonna incinerate it, I would bury it, headstone, ceremony and all. Make tha kids put on the church clothes and pray ya know formal burial. We do that in missouri to raise the iron count.

My wife curses me everytime she passes the K car that died a while back. It only made it 3 feet in the ground cuz tha kids got tired of diggin.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Don M
I like to start with the simple stuff first. It sure has the symtoms of a weak lift pump system. Dont get me wrong, I believe ya, I was just trying to cover that first.
Wasn't trying to come across rude Don.Hope it didn't sound that way.All input is appreciated.I will double check eveything with the fass pump I can.I could put the old 7 micron filter back( has a 2mic)It only had about 5k miles on it,but pressure according to the gauge is ok.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by homewrecker
Wasn't trying to come across rude Don.Hope it didn't sound that way.All input is appreciated.I will double check eveything with the fass pump I can.I could put the old 7 micron filter back( has a 2mic)It only had about 5k miles on it,but pressure according to the gauge is ok.
I was thinking again ( not always a good thing ) that if the pump is scuffed internally, there is a fair chance the injectors are going to catch anything that is downstream of the mess ahead. That means the inejctors need to be dis-assembled, cleaned to remove any metal pieces, reassembled and run on the test bench.

We might as well upgrade the size like you mentioned you might do while we are in there. That way neither of us gets hurt too bad on financial side.

What say you?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM

I was thinking again ( not always a good thing ) that if the pump is scuffed internally, there is a fair chance the injectors are going to catch anything that is downstream of the mess ahead. That means the inejctors need to be dis-assembled, cleaned to remove any metal pieces, reassembled and run on the test bench.

We might as well upgrade the size like you mentioned you might do while we are in there. That way neither of us gets hurt too bad on financial side.

What say you?
I might have to upgrade Don.Took the pump off this morning and it is partially seized up.Very hard to turn the shaft by hand.John is already on it.Will be shipping a new pump out today.John has been super nice and don't want this thread to reflect badly on his product.I guess things just break sometimes,its the customer service that makes the difference and so far it has been excellent.

Lloyd pm'd me a price on upgrading to flux2's.It isn't really in the budget right now(dropped a pretty penny on the cp-3).I'm in a delima now.Need the truck next weekend,funds are low,what to do? I guess you think its the prudent thing to do Don?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
DTR Advertiser

There is no filter between the pump and the injectors. Except the edge type filters in the connnector tubes that are designed to break up large pieces of stuff as they pass by under pressure.

I cant tell you whats best for you to do, but metal pieces in the injectors can cause one to stick open.

Last week we had some injectors in here that had metal inside them when a pump failed. We had to clean the rail, the injection lines and completely go through the injectors to get it all out.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
DTR Advertiser

I wanted to add that the pump that was wiped out last week was not a Floor It Diesel pump. It was a stock pump.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Homewrecker sorry to here about your luck. I know these 2 guys will take care of any problems. I have worked with both of them and they know there stuff.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM

I wanted to add that the pump that was wiped out last week was not a Floor It Diesel pump. It was a stock pump.
looked a little something like this. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Floor-It stage 2 problems?-pump7.jpg   Floor-It stage 2 problems?-pump3.jpg   Floor-It stage 2 problems?-pump5.jpg   Floor-It stage 2 problems?-pump4.jpg   Floor-It stage 2 problems?-pump6.jpg  

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Ouch!!!!!!!! This thread makes you wonder about how well the fuel is being filtered. I'm glad I have a floor it pump Great customer service. My Fuel psi only holds 15 or so and I have the same pump as homewrecker(150/150) Thats wierd.