3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exhaust Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Update

Hey yall, sorry for the delay, my grandfather passed away so we had all that to do. On another note the exhaust is finished, 4in straight into a 18"x6" rolled tip. It sounds great , alot louder than the 03 was only thing that is just a little annoying is the drone at highway speeds. Went to Waco for the services and anything above 60 was just almost unbarable. However, better mpg, and while just puttin around, the sound is just absolutely awesome. Pulled over on hwy 6 just outside of Bryan , Trooper wanted to know waht I had done, he wanted his to sound like that too! He did say it was a little too loud, but as long as I was careful I should not receive any grief over it. So i'll ask now, what can be done about the drone in the cab?????? We put four brackets on it, all with the factory rubber gromets. Will a section of small angle iron clamped on help any?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay............ I'll start the ideas, yall let me know if it will work or not. I did a search and it seemed that there was alot of conflicting views. I don't want to beat a dead horse on this one , just tryin to figure it all out. To reduce cab drone:
Tip is already out from under truck a good ways
Clamped on piece of angle iron?(5ft section with 4-5 screw down clamps)
Is it the vibration of the pipe? Or is it the actual sound of the exhaust going through it?
Some sort of rubber ring mounts? Like on a bow to reduce vibration. If so, what can take the the temperatures?
More brackets?