3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Evil Twin Dual CP3 Pump Kits Release Date

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kits are also ready to go for the guys with Cummins CP3's

I didn't get to install the radiator tube yet so no pics of that. I just have two hoses spliced together right now. Will post more pics when I finish it up.

I'm sure Lloyd will chime in with the details.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 AM

Thanks Kai for posting those for me! yes, the cummins version is ready to go. The kit is now being offered both ways. We are going to check with our line supplier about getting a shorter high pressure line. The one we currently used to modify the kit for the cummins pump is the same line we use for the duramax pump. It worked out great for the duramax pump, but is a little longer than we would like for the cummins pump. Other than possibly shortening the high pressure line, the cummins pump fits great!

So for the guys wanting to run cummins pumps, the wait is over! this kit is being offered both ways as of yesterday.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Lloyd,

Could you share with us a source for the CP3 inlet fitting...I need to go from the pump (threaded hole) 90 degrees to a 3/8" push lock?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cquestad
Lloyd,

Could you share with us a source for the CP3 inlet fitting...I need to go from the pump (threaded hole) 90 degrees to a 3/8" push lock?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
you can get AN fittings at Summitracing. You'll need a #6AN to 12mm x 1.5mm 90 ( at the CP3 ) From there you'll need a #6AN Female to 3/8" NPT female. From there you'll need a 3/8" NPT male to 3/8" barbed. That how I would do it anyway.

The only thing you may have trouble finding is the 6 to 3/8". I looked but, didn't see any AN to barbed fittings. You have to mix and match when designing your own set up.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 PM

Is there a sealing washer between the 12 mm and the pump?

Thanks...
Old 03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Is there a sealing washer between the 12 mm and the pump?

Thanks...
yes there is. I just took the original off and used it.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM

What about on the return? Washer too?
Thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

What about on the return? Washer too?
Thanks!
Most likely there is. All the fittings that I removed ( at the filter and CP3 had washers. I never did anything to the return lines... just changed all the feed lines.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

maybe this will help..... but, it's only for the feeds

it's what I did with mine...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 PM

i know where im going for my dual setup, now i just have to find a few more pennies on the ground first.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

I'm not trying to put a damper on things, just curious. I hope you're able to sell many of these Lloyd. The price is great but, it also says you have to supply your own 2nd pump.... is this correct ? That would put the cost up where most other dual kits are right ?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
I'm not trying to put a damper on things, just curious. I hope you're able to sell many of these Lloyd. The price is great but, it also says you have to supply your own 2nd pump.... is this correct ? That would put the cost up where most other dual kits are right ?
How do you figure so? I haven't been able to find any kits under 2K so far. The market has been flooded lately with used pumps for 400 or less. So you could easily build a set of dual pumps for under 2K. If that were the case,I would have just bought one instead of having them made
Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 PM

Lloyd,

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Christian, I tried calling. Anyway,I have some fittings here. We did not offer them in the kit because the different fuel systems on the market use too many different line sizes and configurations that if we offered fittings for 5/16, 3/8 and 1/2" lines in the kits it would just drive the price up. I do however usually keep all the fittings in stock to do the installation. I can over night some out to you if need be. I have them right here.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lmills
How do you figure so? I haven't been able to find any kits under 2K so far. The market has been flooded lately with used pumps for 400 or less. So you could easily build a set of dual pumps for under 2K. If that were the case,I would have just bought one instead of having them made
I haven't looked lately but, pumps used to be close to 2K by themselves. I didn't realize you had used pumps in mind in building the kit. That is definitely one way to build duals cheaply.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:16 PM

I called Rich at GDP and reworked my whole lift pump system...

Walbro is out (going to miss that sucker... ;-( ) and a 150 Raptor is in...and all new fittings to clean up my low pressure system.

Going to try and stay with the OEM basket and hardline for a while...but all else is 3/8" to the Raptor then through a 7 micron in the OEM filter housing/heater/seperator back down to the 2 micron and back up to a tee to feed both CP3's. Pressure is monitored pre and post filter as usual.

I will report back...but it will take me a few days longer now since I had to reowrk that too.

LOL

Quick Reply: Evil Twin Dual CP3 Pump Kits Release Date