3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

edge juice stack

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge juice stack

can you stack a dr.performance pressure box with a hot edge juice with attitude?to get more smoke.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably if it is pressure only. Will probably get real hot, real quick without more air.

Pressure only box stacks well with Juice/Attitude on 04.5 and up. My experience with DR Performance pressure box was it added a lot of pressure from idle up to max. That was with an original box for 04.5, but it was way to much pressure for me and the injectors at that time.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by tt433
can you stack a dr.performance pressure box with a hot edge juice with attitude?to get more smoke.
Too aggressive for stock injectors. Look into an mp8 that is fully adjustable.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:07 PM

I don't know about the Dr. Performance, but my Quad race w/ fuel only tune works very well together. If your not against a downloader the Diablo Predator is awesome with the Juice!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by omaharam
Too aggressive for stock injectors. Look into an mp8 that is fully adjustable.
Agreed 100% on the MP-8. It is very nice to adjust your pressure and it does seem to be different readings on the rail pressure on different days. I know it sounds stupid but one time 65% will peg the rail pressure and the next day it takes 80-90%. Maybe fuel temp?

Omaha, Did you stack that Smarty with your Edge, or run it by itself? I am ready to buy a downloader and turbo, Santa has been kind!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by matego
Agreed 100% on the MP-8. It is very nice to adjust your pressure and it does seem to be different readings on the rail pressure on different days. I know it sounds stupid but one time 65% will peg the rail pressure and the next day it takes 80-90%. Maybe fuel temp?

Omaha, Did you stack that Smarty with your Edge, or run it by itself? I am ready to buy a downloader and turbo, Santa has been kind!
No. The only program of the "new" programming we had to play with was the race tune and I didn't want to send turbo parts into the engine. I know the original Smarty programming and the Juice didn't work together, but I'm still waiting to try a lesser hp program of the new smarty stuff to see if it is compatible.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM
pik

Originally Posted by tt433

Doesn't more smoke=less efficient

Why would you want that other than the obnoxious factor???

Want more smoke, just light a fire in the bed and you'll get smoke even with the engine off
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Question

has anyone had a problem with stacking the Edge Juice w/ Attitude as far as heats concerned? I dont have the hot version but was curious on stacking it when i went to a sled pull or somthing similiar. Would injectors and somthing bigger like a hx40 be in line to get rid of the added heat from the stacking?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 AM

"HOT " Juice Stacked with Edge- EZ Gets real Hot

My truck gets pretty Hot,
I have the Edge "Hot " Stacked with Edge-EZ And I leave the Hot Juice on the #5 setting quite a bit, and only leave the EZ on the #1 Setting ( Only ) And It get's real hot to the touch, I probably need to back down from the #5 setting for daily driving to better control Temps, and only pop it into #5 when needed , passing-- Racing etc. I have a few supporting mods to help, Silver-62-14 Turbo , ATS Exhaust manifold, AFE Stage-2 Airintake, 4-inch turboback Exhaust , Walbro Fuel system, Goerend Billet Trans, Joe Hellman Intercooler , Stock injectors And it still gets Very Hot. I took the EZ of the Truck just to experiment and noticed a large drop in power . Tested and to the touch the Hot Juice while driving around in #5 all day had No-problem not hot at all. Re-installed the EZ today Bamm! power was back along with " heat ". Going to Drop Juice down to #3 setting and monitor temps other than heat which you will experince with any Pressure Box I believe . Stacked with The Hot Juice , The Edge-EZ
" Rocks" And even better Yet. Their Customer Service is Great. I broke my Edge- EZ Switch when I took it off my Truck a couple weeks ago. I emailed them about it. I had a brand new one Sent to me UPS Free of charge. Thats backing up a product.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 AM

I have ran the edge hot alot.. It stacks very nicely with the dr p,, and contrary to popular belief, the mp8 is actually harder on stock injectors than the dr p. The edge is nice, but there are lots of stuff out there now that will put out lots more power. I did considerable dyno testing with my truck, with the edge and the dr p alone (no nitrous) I was able to only hit in the 600's I took the edge out, and put in a diablo predator with the rkl puff tune, and got 788 on #2,, and over a 1000 with nitrous... all of these runs were with the dr p stg IV on factory settings.

Kevin