3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Juice/BDPP Stack Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice/BDPP Stack Problems!!!

Hey, I have never had any problem whatsoever out of the stack I'm currently using, until today when I installed my new Walbro LP syatem. Now, when I have both turned up to max, the fuel rail saftey valve will pop, and then go into limp mode till I can reset the code. I know I never had this prob. cause of lack of fuel till now. So my question is this:

For those who run this stack, what are the best settings to run without having this problem. The truck runs real well right til the fuel vavle pops. Is there a way to lessen this by taking more time between test runs? Cause when this happened twice today, both happened after 2-3 back to back hard runs.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:42 AM

I was thinking about this after we talked today. I forgot that the PP adds pressure on any setting above tow. Since the Juice also adds a small amount of pressure your double fooling that side of the equation. The only way to get back to a single increase in pressure with this stack is to set the PP to tow. That should solve the high rail pressure problem but your relief valve may have already been compromised.

Richard
Old 04-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Chapter President

Man I hope not. I've heard of folks doing this several times with no problems. I'm thinking that the Perf. mode should be fine with any level of Juice i use, cause it is not neerly as much as the extreme setting. That would still give me great bottom end with only a slight decrease on the upper rpm's. I think the Etreme mode adds pressure accross the board, and performance is only down low in the rpm band. I will test this out tomorrow and see.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Chapter President

Come on somebody must be running this with or without problems or used to have and went a different route. I need to know
Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 PM

i have the edge j/a and bddl stack and everything runs fine to me... i just have a strait pipe and an AFE air intake and ATS clutch. i was going to get the lift pump upgrade but i was going to go with the FASS 150 gph untill i hear what happend to you. im afraid that if i upgrade it that all the extra fuel flow will cause more pressure and keep blowing the top off like yours... i would just run it on tow and to be safe and the edge on whatever untill you hear others chime in with a solution. i run my edge on 5-5 and bddl on perf. when i want it to smoke but i dont keep it on 5-5 for long and i turn it down to 2-5 due to the fact i dont have injectors and a lift pump just yet. im really curious what to do also due to the fact that i want the lift pump also but i want to keep my stack... anyone else have a suggestion???
Old 04-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Chapter President

Well, I did some extensive testing today with the Edge on lev.5 and BDPP on performance. No problems whatsoever, except for the timing pop I usualy get sometimes when decelerating so I know I'm safe there. My thinking is that what may have caused this is me 3 consecutive back 2 back full throttle runs without much recovery time between. Because the 1st 2 runs seemed stronger anyways, and had no problems at all. But I'm not completely sure, so i dont want to test fate untill someone with more knowledge chimes in.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Well, I did some extensive testing today with the Edge on lev.5 and BDPP on performance. No problems whatsoever, except for the timing pop I usualy get sometimes when decelerating so I know I'm safe there. My thinking is that what may have caused this is me 3 consecutive back 2 back full throttle runs without much recovery time between. Because the 1st 2 runs seemed stronger anyways, and had no problems at all. But I'm not completely sure, so i dont want to test fate untill someone with more knowledge chimes in.

As you make more runs the fuel also heats up. You could be fighting a fuel temperature problem?? The popping is most likely not timing, but probably the injector trying to fire vapor.

I am also beginning to think that one of the mentioned power adders uses a lot more pressure than they claim.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Chapter President

Thanks Quad. Could you elaberate a little more on this? I've tried everything short of all out argument to get Bullydog to tell me what pressures they use. Edge gave it willingly.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Chapter President

BTT again. Sooner or later I will get all my answers.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 PM

????????

Can you stack the quad box with the power pup aswell and still be able to pull
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Czapla44
ive got my quad with triple dog
Old 04-25-2006, 11:01 PM

i have run the dbpp on tow and the dge juice on 5-5 for a while. a few weeks ago i put the pp on performnce and lost a noticeable amount of power, but it smokes alot more. i fooled with all the setting on both, but the extreme on the pp. i think the best bang is with the pup on tow and edge on 5-5. just my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Czapla44
I have the tripledog but I towed ~4500 lbs last weekend. Quad race on 60hp and tripledog on extreme was a great combo. The quad really helps the weak low-end of the tripledog.

Andy
Old 04-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Chapter President

Well, I hate the thread was highjacked, but its ok. So do you guys think it was just a matter of the fuel lines getting hot then turning to vapor witch caused the pressures to spike? If so, and i get some more input, I will do some more testing with the boxes on 5/3. I would really like to be able to do this safely, cause there is a very noticeable boost in power on the Extreme setting versus the performance mode on the BDPP.